The Yoga of Max's Discontent
This topic is about The Yoga of Max's Discontent
The Yoga of Max's Discontent > August group read: The Yoga of Max's Discontent

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Meryl (last edited Jul 09, 2016 07:36PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Meryl Landau (meryldavidslandau) | 808 comments Mod
Hi all:

I have discovered a fabulous new work of fiction about yoga, The Yoga of Max's Discontent, by Karan Bajaj. Although I'm only about a third of the way in, I'm in love with both the story and the writing. And the novel has a male protagonist--something rare in the world of yoga writing.

This will be our August group read. I'm hoping many of you will join us, as this is one of the best works of yoga fiction I've ever read. (And as the author of a work of yoga fiction, I have read pretty much all of them.) The only downside is, since it's new, it's not yet available in paperback, but it's not too expensive on Amazon or Kindle/Nook, and you might even be able to get it from your library.

If you want to join us, please start reading the end of July, first week of August. Somewhere at the end of that first week in August I will post prompts for the first third of the book; whenever you get to that point (even if it's much later), feel free to jump into the discussion. I haven't tried to reach out to the author, but it's possible we can get him to answer our questions at the end of our discussion later that month.

I hope everyone is having a wonderful summer. Please post in this thread if you plan to join us for this read (even if you later can't) so I can get a sense of our numbers.

Namaste!

MaryAnn | 29 comments Count me in. Eager to dive into this book when my vacation starts at the end of the month.

Linda Belmont | 16 comments I have requested it from the library. It sounds like a good one. Thank you.

message 4: by Linda (new) - added it

Linda | 8 comments I need a good summer book. Count me in.

message 5: by Jessica (new)

Jessica (jessicatopper) | 74 comments Mod
Looking forward to starting this one - thanks, Meryl!

message 6: by Kaye (new)

Kaye (kayelathe) | 3 comments I have the book in hand!

message 7: by Julie (last edited Jul 09, 2016 09:01PM) (new)

Julie | 9 comments Hi Everyone! I'm recently new to yoga & to this group and I look forward to joining in with the books & discussions. I've discovered that I can get this book from Audible, as I find a have more time to listen to a book than to actually sit down to read one.

Meryl Landau (meryldavidslandau) | 808 comments Mod
Glad to see there's interest.

Welcome to the group (and to yoga!), Julie.

message 9: by Julie (new)

Julie | 9 comments Thanks Meryl!

message 10: by Lisa (new) - added it

Lisa (strangeproblem) | 18 comments I think I'd like to join in on this one. I don't really need another book to read but this is more intriguing than anything I've picked up in a while. Sounds like fun! I'll be downloading the kindle version asap.

-lisa

message 11: by Melissa (new)

Melissa | 2 comments Just purchased the book - I'm in! Thanks.

message 12: by Linda (new) - added it

Linda | 8 comments I am loving this book. Almost done!