♥!The Young Adult Book Club!♥ discussion

Group Reads > The Crown

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jennifer, The Paranormal One (new)

Jennifer (ivashkovlover) | 3376 comments Mod
The Crown (The Selection #5) by Kiera Cass

When Eadlyn became the first princess of Illéa to hold her own Selection, she didn’t think she would fall in love with any of her thirty-five suitors. She spent the first few weeks of the competition counting down the days until she could send them all home. But as events at the palace force Eadlyn even further into the spotlight, she realizes that she might not be content remaining alone.

Eadlyn still isn’t sure she’ll find the fairytale ending her parents did twenty years ago. But sometimes the heart has a way of surprising you…and soon Eadlyn must make a choice that feels more impossible—and more important—than she ever imagined.

message 2: by Bin (new)

Bin Userkaf (bintauserkaf) | 11 comments This book was....OK. It's definitely not my favorite in the series, and it isn't even right next to it. The ending was probably the best part. They added too much stuff. Should've ended it a long time ago.

message 3: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (eliza_paints_stars_in_the_sky) Binta wrote: "This book was....OK. It's definitely not my favorite in the series, and it isn't even right next to it. The ending was probably the best part. They added too much stuff. Should've ended it a long t..."

Yeah i agree with you. I wished the author would of stopped making the series after book 3(America's POV). The books were so much better then. Eadlyn got on my nerves and she kept on going in circles about the same topic over and over.

message 4: by Bin (new)

Bin Userkaf (bintauserkaf) | 11 comments Elizabeth wrote: "Binta wrote: "This book was....OK. It's definitely not my favorite in the series, and it isn't even right next to it. The ending was probably the best part. They added too much stuff. Should've end..."

Most definitely. It's like they just wanted to make more money...

message 5: by Jennifer, The Paranormal One (new)

Jennifer (ivashkovlover) | 3376 comments Mod
I was actually the opposite. I hated the first 3. America and Maxon annoyed me. I wasn't a fan of either. I liked Eadalyn & Kile. Was kind of bummed she ended up with Eric. He was okay. I also thought it was kind of rushed at the end and they way she decided to jump to give up her crown and turn it to a democracy. I felt like there should have been more thought. But I never felt the world building was very clear. I mostly read for the fluffy corny bachelorette story line.

message 6: by Jordan (new)

Jordan Moore (jordanmouse) | 6 comments (FYI, warning... Spoilery)
I felt like I needed more from this last book. Like parts of it were rushed, I wanted it to be longer and last longer. I did enjoy watching Eady grow and how she handled things. I'm 100% for Kile though! I can see why she chose otherwise (she really cared for what Kile wanted), but I don't care, I wanted Kile!

message 7: by Nyssa (new)

Nyssa | 1 comments I agree with the fact that the first 3 books were amazing, and then the 4th book was okay but I think this final installment was a little better than the fourth one. My reasoning behind this is that I found dislike in Eadlyn's attitude during The Heir so in The Crown, when she starts becoming less selfish, I find her to be more enjoyable. Also and lastly I kind of realized who she was going to pick during the end of The Heir and am 110% behind her on that decision! :)

message 8: by Gayatri (new)

Gayatri Iyer Okay... am I the only one who hated all of the Selection books?

message 9: by Emy (new)

Emy Reads (emy__reads) | 1 comments I agree that the first three books were amazing but The Heir was disappointing a little. Eadlyn's character was whiny most of the times but in The Crown her character was better an more caring, although she was confused all the time about her feelings and who to pick that made me a little bored. At the end of the book i really liked how it ended finally xD.