#AYEARATHON discussion

July 2016 - TBR Catch-up > Update On Reading Progress - Day's 3 & 4

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ke-sha (new)

ke-sha (angel707) | 1329 comments Mod
Hows your reading going guys?

I finally got home from vacation! #HomeSweetHome
Im hoping to have at least one day of leisurely reading before being busy with life again Lol *Crosses Fingers*

message 2: by Amanda (new)

Amanda I finished Every Day (Every Day, #1) by David Levithan last night and I am 70% through We Are the Ants by Shaun David Hutchinson so I'm pretty on track with my reading.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

I read Until the Beginning (After the End, #2) by Amy Plum today, decent read.

picking up Gorgeous by Paul Rudnick next

message 4: by Lara (new)

Lara | 3 comments Just finished Vampire Academy (Vampire Academy, #1) by Richelle Mead . Continuing with The Queen of the Tearling (The Queen of the Tearling, #1) by Erika Johansen

message 5: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth 7/6/16
Inheritance (The Inheritance Cycle, #4) by Christopher Paolini 426 pages
The Secret Hour (Killing Time, #1) by Evie Ryan 42%

message 6: by Meneniareads (new)

Meneniareads (nenia) | 85 comments Finished: Mosquitoland
Today: 163 pages
Total: 342 pages

message 7: by Kristina (new)

Kristina Lenarczyk (kristinalovee) | 213 comments Mod
Amanda wrote: "I finished Every Day (Every Day, #1) by David Levithan last night and I am 70% through We Are the Ants by Shaun David Hutchinson so I'm pretty on track with my reading."

What did you think of Every Day? It is one of my favourites! Congrats on all of your progress

message 8: by Kristina (new)

Oda wrote: "I read Until the Beginning (After the End, #2) by Amy Plumtoday, decent read.

picking up Gorgeous by Paul Rudnicknext"

You are making some good progress! Thanks for participating with us this week!

message 9: by Kristina (new)

Lara wrote: "Just finishedVampire Academy (Vampire Academy, #1) by Richelle Mead. Continuing withThe Queen of the Tearling (The Queen of the Tearling, #1) by Erika Johansen"

Vampire Academy is a series I need to read! What were your thoughts?

message 10: by Kristina (new)

Elizabeth wrote: "7/6/16
Inheritance (The Inheritance Cycle, #4) by Christopher Paolini 426 pages
The Secret Hour (Killing Time, #1) by Evie Ryan42%"

Any thoughts on either of those novels? Happy reading and thanks for joining us this week!

message 11: by Kristina (new)

Alyssa wrote: "I finished Grace and Dignity The Ark of the Sacred Scrolls (Grace and Dignity, #1) by Laura Grody and am now at 186/503 pages of Darcy's Voyage by Kara Louise

So far, I'm loving it. I don't know if I'll finis..."

Alyssa you are making so much more progress than I am! You're killing it!

message 12: by Kristina (new)

Nenia wrote: "Finished: Mosquitoland
Today: 163 pages
Total: 342 pages"

Oh that's been on my TBR for a while! What did you think? Any idea what you'll be reading next?

message 13: by Dakota (new)

Dakota (bookaholic_4_life) | 3 comments Day 3: I read 26 pages of One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest by Ken Kesey total: 26 pages since I just started today.

message 14: by Noseinabook (new)

Noseinabook (goodreadscomnoseinabook) | 44 comments Day 3: I finished The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky. If you haven't read it I highly recommend it. It's short, but powerful! 4/5 stars! So far the two books I've completed were ones I had already started. The next two on my list are Rose Daughter by Robin McKinley and The Fire Rose by Mercedes Lackey, both of which are Beauty and the Beast retellings! Yay!
PAGES READ
Day 3: 116
Total: 300

message 15: by Lizzy (new)

Lizzy Seitz (cookinggurl43) | 198 comments Day 3 was actually super productive for me because I ended up staying up later than I thought I would (and it was after midnight so it counted as day three not day two) and finished Twilight Graphic Novel Volume Two and New Moon Graphic Novel Volume One. Then this evening I didn't have any homework so I read and finished The Terrible and Wonderful Reasons I Run Long Distances by The Onion and Saga volumes One through Three and read the first three chapters of You're Never Weird On The Internet (Almost) by Felicia Day. My book count is up to 8 so far which I'm majorly impressed by! Super productive readathon so far and definitely getting books off my tbr shelf!!

message 16: by Sicily (new)

Sicily  (sicilyjoy) | 31 comments Just finished A mercy A Mercy by Toni Morrison last night. Short book but it is hard to read Morrison fast so I took my time.

message 17: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Kristina wrote:

What did you think of Every D..."

I really loved it! I read it in one go and I hoped there was a sequel, but I found out the sequel is just the whole story from Rhiannon's POV and I don't really... care about that.

Today's progress: Finished We Are the Ants by Shaun David Hutchinson A good book, but there are heavy topics there (namely suicide, mental health issues, violence, and attempted rape) and I wish I had known about it.

message 18: by Liliana (last edited Jul 07, 2016 04:24PM) (new)

Liliana Boada (lilyboada) | 16 comments I'm a 70% of The Fire Sermon (The Fire Sermon, #1) by Francesca Haig i hope to finish it tomorrow.

message 19: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Finished Y: The Last Man, Vol. 3: One Small Step
Got to 88% in Full Speed. Might finish it before bed.
Didn't listen to any of Heartless. Was more into a upbeat music mood.

Still 2 books behind for my year goal. Want to be at least caught up by the end of the month. Ideally ahead by a book or two.

message 20: by Lizzy (new)

Lizzy Seitz (cookinggurl43) | 198 comments Day four I haven't had any time to read yet but I'm hoping to read some tomorrow to keep my reading streak going!

message 21: by Paget (new)

Paget | 109 comments Day 3 & 4: I started reading The 13½ Lives of Captain Bluebear. So far I am really enjoying it. And I also read Ender's Game

Pages: 246
Total: 1012

message 22: by Vivian (new)

Vivian Wolkoff | 116 comments I finished After the Woods by Kim Savage late last night and ended up falling asleep before posting here!
512 pages (this book plus half of The Rose and the Dagger). Not bad for a busy week!

message 23: by Hana'a (new)

Hana'a (osnapitzhanaa) | 126 comments I read 4 pages of The Siren on Day 3 but it was Eid so I let myself off, Day 4 I was really busy but I'm gonna catch up, maybe start another book or at least read 400 pages