Perustopia Book Club discussion

WHAT CHARACTER FROM WHATEVER BOOK DID YOU ABSOLUTELY HATE OR DISLIKE AND WHY?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 96 (96 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Danielle (new)

Danielle (dancenanny) | 46 comments First time starting a topic! um I disliked Eadlyn from the heir.I can't deal with her XD I enjoyed the book for the boys. She was just so selfish! hopefully she gets nicer in the next one...

message 2: by giovanna (new)

giovanna | 19 comments Katniss Everdeen, I just no. I don't like her very much.

message 3: by Rbooks (new)

Rbooks | 90 comments Well for some reasons characters piss me off easily , so don't kill me !
Well I disliked Tris from divergent , WAIT for an explanation before u throw torches and knives on me ! Well in the first book I didn't really mind her , but then she got really annoying and kept on trying to be a hero which seemed really frustrating and annoying like FOR ONCE PLS THINK ABOUT URSELF .

message 4: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa (alyxxaan) 1. Katniss
2. Peeta (Hunger Games)
3. Jem
4. Will
5. Tessa (The Infernal Devices)
6. Simon (The Mortal Instruments)
7. Adam (Shatter Me)
8. Jacob (Twilight)
NO OFFENSE! Please don't kill me! These are merely only my opinions! All 8 characters listed above, I just didn't enjoy reading about since the beginning and I think that all these characters are flat out annoying and just extremely frustrating!

message 5: by Ashley (new)

Ashley Hermawan (ashleyhermawan) | 40 comments i DESPISE Pasha from the Crown's gam. like i HATE him sooooo much, he's such a sensitive immature jerk. he goes all crazy and madman just because his best friend didn't tell him one thing, that he was an enchanter. like bruh sometimes people have secrets too not everything is betrayal. and you dont just decide to kill him because you didnt find out yourself...

message 6: by Danielle (new)

Danielle (dancenanny) | 46 comments Omg rbooks for me it was the opposite. People r gonna kill me and I'm sorry. I didn't like Four from the divergent series lol. I'm sorry. In the first book I liked him. In the Second book he got annoying and I get he wanted to take care of tris but sometimes he went over board but I still liked him. It was in allegiant. I disliked him cause *SPOILER ALERT FOR ALLEGIANT*

he kept complaining about not being divergent and acting like it was the most horrible thing on earth. And he wouldn't listen to tris and he kept doubting her saying that she always thinks she's right. And because of that he helped plant a bomb that killed Uriah (which was my favorite character. ) because he trusted a girl that he met that week instead of listening to tris who is his girlfriend and she is very smart. Because if the last book I stopped liking him at all. I'M SORRY.

message 7: by Danielle (new)

Danielle (dancenanny) | 46 comments OH also please don't kill me. I didn't like Mal from the grisha trilogy. He kept getting mad at her for things she couldn't control. *MAYBE SLIGHT SPOILERS. NOTHING MAJOR REALLY*

He got jealous of the darkling in the first book even though he knew her all his life and never made a move on her. Instead he was with other girls. In the Second book I get he was stressed but he basically wanted her to abandon everyone and leave them to die. Because he wanted her back which was selfish. Like I get u love her but she wasn't gonna leave. She needed to help. He just kept making her more upset than she already was cause she was dealing with alot already. Thankfully in the third book he got a little better. But still. I wanted Nikolei. Sorry if I wrote the name wrong.

message 8: by Rbooks (new)

Rbooks | 90 comments @danielle same ! I also hated Four ! He was amazing in the first book, but then his immediate change of personality in the second book, was horrible ( I just didn't want to get stabbed by torches and knives!)

message 9: by Romana (new)

Romana  (abooknerd13) | 77 comments UMBRIDGE!

I don't think that requires an explanation.

message 10: by Alison (new)

Alison (secretvamp) | 264 comments Romana (abooknerd13) wrote: "UMBRIDGE!

I don't think that requires an explanation."

I hate her even more than Voldemort and basically ever antagonists in other books.

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Romana (abooknerd13) wrote : "UMBRIDGE!

I don't think that requires an explanation."

Definitely my most hated book character of all time!

message 12: by Bookfandom1001 (new)

Bookfandom1001 | 29 comments Adam from shatter me he was so nice and loving in the first book I was team Adam all the way until the second he became really horrible I became team warner.

message 13: by Edina (new)

Edina (edinakando) *please don't banish me for this* Aelin Ashryver Galathynius. So, I really liked Celaena, but then she changed and I didn't even recognize the character in QoS. *maybe spoiler for the ToG series* She has no regard for her former friends' feelings. She completely jumps ship and kinda forgets how she got to where she is now.

message 14: by Xoxoasia (new)

Xoxoasia | 103 comments @Edina I don't believe Aelin forgot where she came from. She grew from her experiences, making her grow to be a different person. That's the part I like about Aelin's character. The growth is so drastic, great for the 6 book series.

message 15: by ella (new)

ella  | 48 comments Umbridge ewww

message 16: by Lilian (new)

Lilian Nilvalen (lilian_nilvalen) | 15 comments Jack Randall oh my god.

message 17: by Edina (new)

Edina (edinakando) Xoxoasia wrote: "@Edina I don't believe Aelin forgot where she came from. She grew from her experiences, making her grow to be a different person. That's the part I like about Aelin's character. The growth is so dr..."

Well, I get what you are saying and I can see how she has reasons to change, but maybe not so drastically. I feel like I'm reading from a different character's perspective and it was a sudden change from HoF. It's not just her personality that is different in the series.I'm gonna keep reading 'em S.J. Maas books nonetheless.

message 18: by Tanara (new)

Tanara Sahgal  | 39 comments Okay this might not be what most people think but I really hated Peeta in the Hunger Games series. I think that he always just caused troubles and served no real purpose expect being Katniss's love interest :/

message 19: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa (alyxxaan) Tanara wrote: "Okay this might not be what most people think but I really hated Peeta in the Hunger Games series. I think that he always just caused troubles and served no real purpose expect being Katniss's love..."

I totally agree! I really disliked his character since the beginning and I have ALWAYS shipped Katniss with Gale. Peeta, in my opinion, shouldn't belong with Katniss.

message 20: by moya (new)

moya saoirse (moyan) I really didn't like Peter Kavinsky from To All The Boys I've Loved Before, America Singer from The Selection and every single one of the characters from The Mortal Instruments. I don't know how people enjoy TMI as much as they do — and as much as I'd like to enjoy the series, I'm not continuing past the third book.

message 21: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa (alyxxaan) Moya wrote: "I really didn't like Peter Kavinsky from To All The Boys I've Loved Before, America Singer from The Selection and every single one of the characters from The Mortal Instruments. I don't know how pe..."

For me, I didn't like every single character in The Infernal Devices, so I'm like the opposite of you! :) The Mortal Instrument characters were okay, but The Infernal Devices characters were even worst in my opinion and didn't like them AT ALL!

message 22: by BookPusher D (new)

BookPusher D (bookpusherd) I love these kinds of questions :)

I also didn't like Peeta for Katnis, I think she chose him out of obligation. But I didn't hate him.

I don't usually hate characters, but I surprisingly can NOT stand Jane Austin's Emma. I watched so many adaptations of this book before I read it and liked her in all of them; but while reading I wanted to smack her. all. the. time. I still have no clue why Mr. Knightly was into her. He chose beneath him. She is a spoiled bratt!

After COFA I really could not stand Jace anymore. That whole 2nd trilogy just killed my love for Clace. I literally only read the books for Brother Z and it was sooo difficult to get through.

I also really do not like Emma Carstairs.

I don't like characters that try to be lone heroes..especially when they have always put being a team first. The rogue thing makes me mad when it is for stupid or selfish reasons.

message 23: by Nina (new)

Nina (cozydayreads) | 26 comments Joffrey from ASOIAF. He is literally the worst asshole ever, has no respect and just does horrible things. I swear if there was a way to kill someone a thousand times, I would use that on him.

message 24: by Abby (new)

Abby Mendoza | 39 comments I dislike Tris. Just because she acted like a hero but then acted without thinking....

message 25: by Ashley (new)

Ashley | 71 comments Tamlin from A Court Of Thorns And Roses, the second book has changed me.

message 26: by Mac (new)

Mac (excessiveannotations) Umbridge. That is enough.

message 27: by ellie (new)

ellie (hugvvarts) | 83 comments Snape. Don't u just love ?? true love when u agree to the death of ur love's young baby son and her new husband because same and how much a teacher can torture a thirteen year old boy into becoming his worst fear .. Same

message 28: by Steph (new)

Steph | 1 comments Frank Randall from Outlander. I think it's half out of spite because I like Jamie a lot more, and half the character himself. But I can't stand him in both the books and the TV show.

message 29: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (hannahsmanyhobbies) Black Jack Randell because he's a twisted b-
Frank Randell because of Voyager....but love Tobias Menzies.

message 30: by Rbooks (new)

Rbooks | 90 comments Abby wrote: "I dislike Tris. Just because she acted like a hero but then acted without thinking...."

I can totally agree -_-

message 31: by Lilia (new)

Lilia | 136 comments I believe that we can all agree that none of us like Umbridge, the Dursley's, and Filch

message 32: by Anabell (new)

Anabell (readingislikebreathing) | 98 comments Omg it hurts so much reading that some people hate your babes (YOU ALL ARE WRONG, FOOLS/MUNDANES/MUGGLES/..)
So I am going with something everybody will agree

The Dursley Family. Yep. Even the aunt Magda. She is probably the worst. With Vernon. The "real Dursleys". For Petunia, who is a born Evans and techically not a Dursley, I have some kind of sympathy but only in the last books. How Harrys said the best, she is just embittered and it was kinda cute that she also wanted to be a part of Hogwarts once. Dursley is also okay in the last book. But Vernon and Magda holy #!?@§/"§("§&"§("&§"($ I hate them!!!!!

About Umbridge I do not even have to talk, I heard that a Dementor tried to kiss her once and it died.

message 33: by Anabell (new)

Anabell (readingislikebreathing) | 98 comments Omg it hurts so much reading that some people hate your babes (YOU ALL ARE WRONG, FOOLS/MUNDANES/MUGGLES/..)

The Dursley Family. Yep. Even the aunt Magda. She is probably the worst. With Vernon. The "real Dursleys". For Petunia, who is a born Evans and techically not a Dursley, I have some kind of sympathy but only in the last books. How Harrys said the best, she is just embittered and it was kinda cute that she also wanted to be a part of Hogwarts once. Dursley is also okay in the last book. But Vernon and Magda holy #!?@§/"§("§&"§("&§"($ I hate them!!!!!

About Umbridge I do not even have to talk, I heard that a Dementor tried to kiss her once and it died.

message 34: by moya (new)

moya saoirse (moyan) Anabell wrote: "Omg it hurts so much reading that some people hate your babes (YOU ALL ARE WRONG, FOOLS/MUNDANES/MUGGLES/..)

The Dursley Family. Yep. Even the aun..."

I nearly spat out my drink a the last sentence. Oh my, how very, very true.

message 35: by Savannah (new)

Savannah (the_book_prophet) | 245 comments Moya wrote: "Anabell wrote: "Omg it hurts so much reading that some people hate your babes (YOU ALL ARE WRONG, FOOLS/MUNDANES/MUGGLES/..)

The Dursley Family. Y..."

omg me too

message 36: by Lilia (new)

Lilia | 136 comments @Annabelle Honestly, I wasn't the person that read Harry Potter during my childhood, but I've been thinking, I wonder if anyone ever thought that J.K. Rowling could write a character worse than Voldemort

message 37: by Edina (new)

Edina (edinakando) Lilia wrote: "@Annabelle Honestly, I wasn't the person that read Harry Potter during my childhood, but I've been thinking, I wonder if anyone ever thought that J.K. Rowling could write a character worse than Vol..."

*I didn't read HP during my childhood either. Or maybe I did. If 17 is considered that*. I think she could write a worse character. Just considering the fact that many people (myself included) actually like him. I don't even think that he is the most hated character from the books. *we have Umbridge for that*

message 38: by Lilia (new)

Lilia | 136 comments @Edina Very true, I also like Voldemort and as a character of course. He's very interesting, but I definitely don't like any of his actions but I wanted Umbridge to die more than Voldemort. But JKR could most definitely write a character worse than Umbridge (I'm reading Order of the Phoenix right now and she's a complete pain in the butt)

message 39: by Edina (new)

Edina (edinakando) Lilia wrote: "@Edina Very true, I also like Voldemort and as a character of course. He's very interesting, but I definitely don't like any of his actions but I wanted Umbridge to die more than Voldemort. But JKR..."

Oooo...'HP& the Order of the Phoenix' is my favorite. I mean, sure...there's a lot of angst from teen Harry, but I haven't laughed/cried that much in the other books. Plus, constantly being pissed of at Umbridge developed into such a vivid hate. God....I can feel it rn...

message 40: by Anabell (new)

Anabell (readingislikebreathing) | 98 comments Edina wrote: "Lilia wrote: "@Annabelle Honestly, I wasn't the person that read Harry Potter during my childhood, but I've been thinking, I wonder if anyone ever thought that J.K. Rowling could write a character ..."

Yeah! Well I would not say that I like him in person, but I really like him as a villain. It is always like that. I don't hate the villains, they are often badass and on her one strange way fantastic. What really gets on my nerves are the annoying side characters who just bother the protagonists from doing the right and stand in the way all the time!

message 41: by Lilia (new)

Lilia | 136 comments @Edina My hatred for Umbridge is so intense, like, I think she is the most hated character from my hated characters list and I feel like I just might hate her more than people that I dislike or even strongly dislike in real life

message 42: by Edina (new)

Edina (edinakando) Lilia wrote: "@Edina My hatred for Umbridge is so intense, like, I think she is the most hated character from my hated characters list and I feel like I just might hate her more than people that I dislike or eve..."

I wouldn't go that far. As much as I wanted to see her tortured and read detailed descriptions about the moment, I still hate Joffrey from ASoIaF more. I don't think there are words to describe how infuriating and irritating a spoiled brat with power can get. *+some mental illness*

message 43: by Edina (new)

Edina (edinakando) Anabell wrote: "Edina wrote: "Lilia wrote: "@Annabelle Honestly, I wasn't the person that read Harry Potter during my childhood, but I've been thinking, I wonder if anyone ever thought that J.K. Rowling could writ..."

Exactly! The villains are almost all the time complex characters with depth and they usually have a goal or sth. Meanwhile there are these evil 2-dimensional sidekicks and you cannot help yourself from hating them from the bottom of your heart. The fact that they have one poor personality trait and absolutely no good one to compensate for that, well...that gets on your nerves.

message 44: by Xoxoasia (new)

Xoxoasia | 103 comments I also don't like Eadlyn(sorry if the spelling is wrong, I listened to it on an audio book). She is so bratty.

message 45: by KnoxKnows (new)

KnoxKnows | 5 comments Hagrid in all the Hary Potter books. Annoying and unnecessary to the story. I hate how he talks. And of course I also hate the usual from Harry Potter like Umbridge for obvious reasons.

message 46: by crescentmoon (new)

crescentmoon (ihavealotofships) | 52 comments I absolutely hate Brenda from The Maze Runner, Anden from Legend, Rachel and Calypso from Percy Jackson, Gale from The Hunger Games, and the list goes on and on and on.

message 47: by Tamara (new)

Tamara | 10 comments I hate with all my soul to Lucia from The falling kingdoms. She's so frustrated.

message 48: by arianna (new)

arianna (theyounqelites) Over time after reading the Throne of Glass series I've come to hate Rowan. I never liked him when i first read HoF but my dislike for him grew into hatred. I also can't stand Lucia from Falling Kingdoms or Adam Parrish from The Raven Cycle

message 49: by Thomas (new)

Thomas Leek | 21 comments I'm so sorry but I don't like Chaol from ToG. I liked him for one day, but then I went back to rooting for Dorian!

message 50: by Thomas (new)

Thomas Leek | 21 comments Celaena just acts like a toy to get Chaol's love and attention, whereas in ToG(the book)

« previous 1