Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Questions > My Author Dashboard is Messed Up

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Heather (new)

Heather Young | 7 comments Hi there! I've been a Goodreads author for about six months, and all was well until about two weeks ago. Now, when I click on "Author Dashboard," I get to a page that does not show my book under "Your Books" and, in fact, says I have 0 works. What happened to all that nifty information about my book that used to be there, like the number of people who'd added it, who was reading it, etc.? Can you help restore my dashboard to its former informative glory? If it helps, my (one and only) book is called The Lost Girls. Thank you so much!

message 2: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 45034 comments Mod
Heather, it looks like someone accidentally edited the author on a couple editions of your book from Heather-3space-Young (which is you) to Heather-1space-Young (which is not).

I fixed it, but it may take a day or two for your dashboard to register the corrected data.

message 3: by Heather (new)

Heather Young | 7 comments Okay, thank you so very much!!!!

message 4: by Sheila (new)

Sheila Cronin | 13 comments Hi, I prepared a post today about the Chicago Public Library adding my book to their catalog but I could not add book cover or author photo. Please look into this for me. Thanks!

message 5: by Codex (last edited Jul 08, 2016 05:50PM) (new)

Codex | 3400 comments Sheila, it appears that you were trying to add this Kindle edition https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2... with an ISBN, rather than ASIN.
There is also a second Kindle edition (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...) with ASIN B00M039UW4, added by Amazon.
We can merge the two Kindle editions if you can confirm there should only be one.

message 6: by Sheila (new)

Sheila Cronin | 13 comments Thanks. Yes, please merge kindle formats. I notice the page count differs. The correct page number is 336. Thanks again.

message 7: by lethe (last edited Jul 09, 2016 01:18AM) (new)

lethe | 14568 comments Sheila, will the book also be published as an ebook (not just a Kindle) with those ISBNs?

ETA Oops, I see the book is two years old :) Was it ever published as an ebook?

message 8: by Sheila (new)

Sheila Cronin | 13 comments No, I haven't published it as an ebook yet. Do you mean via Kobo or Nook or another outlet other than amazon?

message 9: by Codex (new)

Codex | 3400 comments Sheila wrote: "Thanks. Yes, please merge kindle formats. I notice the page count differs. The correct page number is 336. Thanks again."

Kindle editions merged.

message 10: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 45034 comments Mod
Sheila wrote: "No, I haven't published it as an ebook yet. Do you mean via Kobo or Nook or another outlet other than amazon?"

Precisely.