The Girl on the Train The Girl on the Train question

Weird behaviour of Anna at the end.
Sri Harsha Dantuluri Sri Harsha Jul 05, 2016 07:55PM
What the hell was wrong with Anna at the end? How could a person who is very concerned about her daughter than anything in the world would come to terms with a cheater-murderer husband and drink beer while he was murdering his ex?

deleted member Jul 08, 2016 12:24AM   0 votes
It's not weird. It's just wise.
She was far too concerned about her daughter to have reacted in haste and do something silly that could land them into trouble.
She was unsure about being able to overpower her fit and healthy husband.
Instead, she planned her moves very cautiously and kept her cool.

Sri Harsha Dantuluri Then, why does she have to smile at Rachel?
Jul 12, 2016 10:49AM

Sri Harsha wrote: "What the hell was wrong with Anna at the end? How could a person who is very concerned about her daughter than anything in the world would come to terms with a cheater-murderer husband and drink be..."

She's always been a crazy bitch. I'm not impressed.

Part of her was probably in denial and shock, another part of her was also trying to keep above the situation and find a way out that didn't harm her or her daughter. She was also willing to sacrifice another to protect her child.

Sam Silva I think that maybe she felt some joy since she really hates Rachel. She does say that she's always wanted Rachel to be out of their lives. The importa ...more
Oct 06, 2016 08:48AM · flag

I agree, very weird behavior. I get its a fictional novel, but you've just found out your husband was having an affair, told every lie in the book and was holding Rachel hostage and was going to kill her and you just go back inside and make lunches. She obviously wasn't right in the head