Play Book Tag discussion

July 2016: Biography Memoir > The Sex Lives of Cannibals by Troost, 4 stars

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kristel (last edited Jul 05, 2016 06:48PM) (new)

Kristel (kristelh) | 699 comments The Sex Lives of Cannibals: Adrift in the Equatorial Pacific This is a memoir by writer J. Maarten Troost and it is very funny. His wife gets a job on equatorial island, Kiribati, he goes along as he is unemployed and he feels he will fit in because the majority of island inhabitants are unemployed. This is funny but also a book that looks at life on an atoll, this is not paradise. It is hot, dirty, no food, and life is precarious as there are many things that will kill you.

message 2: by Denizen (new)

Denizen (den13) | 1138 comments It's certainly an eye-catching title!

message 3: by Jen (new)

Jen | 1545 comments It is a great title!

message 4: by Nicole R (new)

Nicole R (drnicoler) | 7784 comments I also found this one entertaining! He has written several others but I have not read any others...maybe one of these days.

message 5: by Kristel (new)

Kristel (kristelh) | 699 comments It really does cover the sex lives by the way and a lot of other things too.

message 6: by Joi (new)

Joi (missjoious) | 3831 comments Had to click because of the title! Sounds pretty funny.

message 7: by Karin (new)

Karin | 7349 comments I enjoy the title, but the first book I need to read that I chose first for the title is Sex in the Sea: Our Intimate Connection with Sex-Changing Fish, Romantic Lobsters, Kinky Squid, and Other Salty Erotica of the Deep