Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Cover Help > Update for New Cover

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by J.J. (new)

J.J. Sherwood (jjsherwood) | 10 comments Hello wonderful Goodreads Librarians!

My novel, Kings or Pawns, has a new cover for the ebook, paperback, and hardback editions:

https://www.amazon.com/Kings-Pawns-St...

And from the series website, you can see the hardback and ebook have been updated as well (amazon is a little behind on this but they should have it updated some time this week)

http://www.stepsofpower.com/productvi...

Could you please update the Kindle, Nook, Paperback and Hardback editions? (or if I am suppose to do it, could you please let me know how?)

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...

Thank you very much!
JJ

message 2: by Dobby (last edited Jul 05, 2016 04:50PM) (new)

Dobby (dobby0390) | 4625 comments Working on it, but in the meantime, a question: looks like the audio version has a new cover as well. Is that correct?

Alternate cover editions created for
»  paperback: Kings or Pawns
»  hardcover: Kings or Pawns
»  Kindle: Kings or Pawns

I didn't create an ACE for the audio edition. We can do that if/when you wish.

ETA:
Goodreads policy is to keep all published covers on the site, as users want to shelve the cover of the copy they have. Instead, we add an alternate-cover edition. See Author FAQ and Adding an alternate-cover edition.

As the author, you can change which edition of the book is the default—that is, the one that comes up in searches by title and shows on your author profile. Here's how to do that: How to set the default edition.

message 3: by J.J. (new)

J.J. Sherwood (jjsherwood) | 10 comments Dobby0390 wrote: "Working on it, but in the meantime, a question: looks like the audio version has a new cover as well. Is that correct?

Alternate cover editions created for
»  paperback: [book:Kings or Pawns|3084..."

Hi Dobby,

Thank you, however, is there a way to make this new cover more "solidly" the default?-- I see how to set it as the default edition, but the problem with this is it kind of suggests that it is the alternate cover rather than the other now being the alternate cover--the previous cover is now out-of-print. Also, when I set the new cover as the default, the options change--it no longer has the "Preview" and "Listen" options below the picture-- which I believe are very important on the default page. If we could make the new cover the one with all the options, that would be magnificent!

Thank you!

message 4: by Dobby (new)

Dobby (dobby0390) | 4625 comments The new cover is indeed the alternate-cover edition. The original cover was the first one published; that doesn't change when an edition is OOP. Goodreads is a book catalog site, so unlike a bookseller site, we keep records of each cover image a book might have. That way readers can shelve the cover that they own or have read.

I'm afraid I can't answer your question about the Preview and Listen options. That sounds like something for Goodreads Support.

message 5: by J.J. (new)

J.J. Sherwood (jjsherwood) | 10 comments Dobby0390 wrote: "The new cover is indeed the alternate-cover edition. The original cover was the first one published; that doesn't change when an edition is OOP. Goodreads is a book catalog site, so unlike a bookse..."

Oh, thanks a million! :D And again, thank you for making the additions to the book! I really appreciate your time.