Book Haven discussion

Dead Discussions > Blue Bloods Series

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by J.D. (new)

J.D. Stroube | 2393 comments Mod
The Blue Bloods series by Melissa de la Cruz seems to be a fairly popular series. I recently started reading Blue Bloods, and bought Masquerade.

Blue Bloods
Masquerade
Revelations
The Van Alen Legacy

Has anyone read this series?
What did you like/dislike?
Who are your favorite characters?

message 2: by Melissa (new)

Melissa I've read the first three and will read the fourth when it's released. I like them, but I honestly don't know why. That sounds weird, but I keep reading because there is something there that makes me want to know what's going to happen. The writing is good, but the story itself isn't always great, but like I said, I just have to know what's going to happen to the characters! It's a bit original too with a reincarnation thing going on. It's a bit gossip girl, but in a good way.

message 3: by new_user (new)

new_user Gossip Girl? Yikes, that's what I was afraid of!

message 4: by Melissa (new)

Melissa It has the bitchy, snooty girl who looks down on the main character and goes out of her way to make everyone's life miserable. There's the boy who's being manipulated by the snooty girl. The boy in love with the main girl, but knows he'll never get her. That's what I mean by gossip girl. The vampire world she's created is cool and since the main character is new to what is going on, she's learning as the reader is learning so it makes the reading enjoyable. There are cool bits of mystery over the series.

message 5: by J.D. (new)

I just finished the first book in the series, and I have to say that it was a let down. :( I am really hoping that I enjoy the second book more...

message 6: by Elvia (new)

Elvia (elvb) Oh crap...I just added the first book to my library list...should I bother actually requesting it?

message 7: by J.D. (new)

Elvia wrote: "Oh crap...I just added the first book to my library list...should I bother actually requesting it?"

Well, every keeps telling me that while the first book wasn't great...the rest of the series is amazing...I'd keep it on your library list. I'll let you know after I've read the second book, if you should cancel it or not.

Plus, everyone likes different books. I only though Blue Bloods was okay, but you might think that it is great...

message 8: by Elvia (new)

Elvia (elvb) Okay, thanks Joy! Let me know how the book goes. I have plenty of books to keep me company until then! lol

message 9: by J.D. (new)

Elvia wrote: "Okay, thanks Joy! Let me know how the book goes. I have plenty of books to keep me company until then! lol"

I will. Like I said, a lot of people are saying the 2nd book is when it starts to get good...hopefully they're right!