Indie Authors discussion

Self Promotion > UPDATED - Please read before posting short stories or extracts

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Steph, Space Opera Diva (new)

Steph Bennion (stephbennion) | 814 comments Hello all. This is a reminder for authors who write adult-only literature, erotica and the like. The Smashwords Authors Group is open to users of all ages. In accordance to the Goodreads terms and conditions, please do not post anything that can be seen by and may be unsuitable for younger readers. I have just deleted a post that contained explicit material. I was unable to contact the author directly so I've written this post instead...

message 2: by Steph, Space Opera Diva (new)

Steph Bennion (stephbennion) | 814 comments Well... I've just had a look through recent posts and its clear some authors aren't sticking to the above guidance. This group is open to readers and writers of all ages, so please think before you post material from books that are age-restricted.

As a general rule, if a book is flagged as erotica in Smashwords, you shouldn't be posting extracts or book blurbs anywhere in this group. If you want to publicise a new release that is flagged as erotica, please make it clear that it is erotica and limit your post to a link to the Smashwords book page.

I will be deleting posts I think have breached the guidance set out in my original post of 5 July 2016 above.