Mockingjay (The Hunger Games, #3) Mockingjay question

Gale's perspective ~spoilers
Aubrey Bennett Aubrey Jul 05, 2016 09:45AM
Does anybody else think that it would be cool to read what Gale was thinking? What was he thinking when he made the bombs, and when the bombs were falling, or when Prim died? We never know exactly if Gale was responsible for Prim's death, so of we learned his side of the story then who knows, maybe he was responsible, but maybe he had no idea what Coin was going to do with the bombs.

Kristen (last edited Jul 10, 2016 09:54PM ) Jul 10, 2016 09:53PM   0 votes
I would like to read Gale's POV, but I'd like to read a lot of character's POVs.

But concerning Prim's death, Gale doesn't even know that for sure. So his POV wouldn't tell you more than you already know.

Whether he was responsible or not is sort of left up to the reader.
He had the idea (he didn't actually make any bombs - he was a strategist), but Coin was the one who wanted it done the way it was - targeting kids.

So really, it's a question of how much responsibility do you place on the person who had the idea and how much on the person who implemented it?
In Gale's defense, I don't think he ever would have wanted it used on kids. And Prim shouldn't have even been there - that was all Coin.

Personally, I don't think he's responsible at all. His entire goal was to end the war and free the people.

I'd like to read Gale's perspective,too.The bomb making and Prim's death makes him seem like a villain to most,so it'sd be interesting to know his side of the story.I think Gale made those bombs with the intention of destroying the Capitol,but he had no idea about Coin's plans.