♥ BR ♥ discussion

Spotless (Spotless, #1)
This topic is about Spotless
Spotless br

Comments Showing 1-30 of 30 (30 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jeanne (new)

Jeanne  (jeannel1) | 2186 comments Mod
Ami and I are planning this one next if anyone else is interested! :) Starting date tbd.

message 2: by [~Ami~]♥Sexy Dexy♥ (last edited Jul 05, 2016 10:14AM) (new)

[~Ami~]♥Sexy Dexy♥  | 2388 comments Mod
Yay at least book two is already out if we decide to carry on with the series

message 3: by Stephanie* (new)

Stephanie* | 264 comments Sounds like an entertaining read! Is it a trilogy?

message 4: by Jeanne (new)

Stephanie* wrote: "Sounds like an entertaining read! Is it a trilogy?"

It looks like a series, I didn't realize that at first.

Penelope ✘ that awkward girl that doesn't go here ✘  (codegal) | 46 comments This sounds interesting! I'll try to BR with you lovely ladies!

Penelope wrote: "This sounds interesting! I'll try to BR with you lovely ladies!"

Yay glad you can join Penelope. Hopefully we can start this soon

message 7: by Jeanne (new)

When do we want to start this one ladies? :) I finished my other one, so I can start this, or read something else and start it next week?

Penelope ✘ that awkward girl that doesn't go here ✘  (codegal) | 46 comments I'm happy to start this on Monday or some time next week. Just have a few things this weekend so I won't have a chance to do any reading.

message 9: by Jeanne (new)

Penelope wrote: "I'm happy to start this on Monday or some time next week. Just have a few things this weekend so I won't have a chance to do any reading."

OK, sounds good! I'm glad you can join Penelope, I've missed seeing you around! Have a great week-end :))

Ok Monday sounds good for me too

message 11: by Jeanne (new)

Ok, I guess I will be productive for the rest of the day! Very unusual for me. haha

Penelope ✘ that awkward girl that doesn't go here ✘  (codegal) | 46 comments Jeanne wrote: "Penelope wrote: "I'm happy to start this on Monday or some time next week. Just have a few things this weekend so I won't have a chance to do any reading."

OK, sounds good! I'm glad you can join P..."

I've missed hanging out here and reading your reviews! Hope you ladies had a lovely weekend. Let me know when its officially Monday for you guys since its almost Tuesday on my end. :D

I'm ready to start now. Happy reading :)

message 14: by Jeanne (new)

Hey ladies, it's still morning here. I have to finish some things, then I will start. Hope it's good. Leave me some good spoilers! :))

message 15: by Maida (new) - added it

Maida (maida-goodreadscomuser_name) | 357 comments Hi, girls! I'm going to start reading this novel later this evening. I can't wait! Hugs. <3

Penelope ✘ that awkward girl that doesn't go here ✘  (codegal) | 46 comments How are you ladies going with this one?
(view spoiler)

Glad you are enjoying it Penelope!

I haven't had much reading time but I have started and (view spoiler)

message 18: by Jeanne (new)

Penelope ✘ that awkward girl that doesn't go here ✘ wrote: "How are you ladies going with this one?
[spoilers removed]"

Glad to hear you are enjoying ladies. I haven't had much reading time, and my eyes have been bugging me again, but I finally started. It's entertaining! :)

Sorry for being so lame, I'll try to get some reading done today. :)

message 19: by Maida (new) - added it

Maida (maida-goodreadscomuser_name) | 357 comments Hi, everyone! Yesterday & today have been terrible for me, & I haven't had the chance to start reading yet. I'll try to start tonight. "Try" being the operative word.

message 20: by Jeanne (new)

Sorry to hear Maida:( No worries, I haven't read much either! Hopefully tonight.

Hey how is everyone doing with this book?
I duno why but I'm just not that into it... Can't put my finger on why though

message 22: by Maida (new) - added it

Maida (maida-goodreadscomuser_name) | 357 comments [~Ami~]♥Sexy Dexy♥ wrote: "Hey how is everyone doing with this book? I duno why but I'm just not that into it... Can't put my finger on why though"

Hi, everyone!
I agree with Ami. The book starts off REALLY slowly. And I didn't even start to feel invested in the storyline until after the setting shifted to France.... I finished the book about an hour ago, & I think that there are parts of the book that I liked & parts that I didn't like. My favorite part of the book was March's character. (view spoiler) Btw, I also really liked Island's character, as well.

The main thing that I HATED about the novel was the author's need to introduce each book's chapter with a stupid-as-sh*t quote. The insertion of these random quotes was jarring, & they disrupted the flow of the story. After every quote, I had to spend a couple of minutes asking WTF, which thereby cut into my reading time.

And don't even get me started on the ending.... (I threw a minor tantrum, since it didn't exactly end the way that I wanted it to). In the end, I realized how deeply my affection for the main characters ran, since I immediately downloaded & started Book #2. I need to find out what happens to them!!!

Let me know if anyone wants to discuss, comment on, or gripe about the novel! Hugs! <3 xoxo

message 23: by -ya (last edited Jul 15, 2016 04:40PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

-ya (yareading) | 229 comments Oh great, you finished it, Maida! I read it last year so I don't remember the details. But I thought the characterization of March and Island and setting stand out in this debut novel. Especially (view spoiler)

Penelope ✘ that awkward girl that doesn't go here ✘  (codegal) | 46 comments Ami ~ Awww, sorry you're not really into this book. Hoping it starts to pick up for you!

Maida ~ Totes agree, March was the best thing of the book for me. His OCD cracked me up (view spoiler). And I found the quotes hilarious. I think its connects with Island's character and the extent of her romantic experiences which comes from her 99c books.

Overall I enjoyed this book. Read it all in one sitting and am looking forward to getting into the rest of the series!

message 25: by Jeanne (new)

Oh, I'm glad you liked the book, Penelope!

message 26: by Jeanne (new)

@Maida, glad you liked it enough to want book 2! :)

message 27: by Jeanne (new)

Sorry for being such a lame br friend this time ladies! I had a hard time getting interested in this one, maybe I'm just not in the mood for it right now. I'm going to try it again another time.

message 28: by Maida (new) - added it

Maida (maida-goodreadscomuser_name) | 357 comments Ya~ wrote: "Oh great, you finished it, Maida! I read it last year so I don't remember the details. But I thought the characterization of March and Island and setting stand out in this debut novel. Especially [..."

Ya, I totally agree. The OCD scenes had me laughing out loud. This is one of the very few novels in which I've truly liked both main characters. And YES, you're totally right. The setting(s) certainly stand out. The book is rich with descriptions, & I actually felt as if I were in (view spoiler). xo

message 29: by Maida (new) - added it

Maida (maida-goodreadscomuser_name) | 357 comments Penelope ✘ that awkward girl that doesn't go here ✘ wrote: "Maida ~ Totes agree, March was the best thing of the book for me. His OCD cracked me up [spoilers removed]...."

Hi, Penelope! I just finished Book 2, & I'm eagerly awaiting Book 3. Book 3 was supposed to have been released already, but there's apparently some issue with Amazon, which is therefore holding up the release date.

I think that we've all agreed that the best thing about Spotless is March's character. I also liked how believable the characters came across. For example, in spite of everything, you could still see March's humanity shining through his tough exterior. The scene that you described (view spoiler) was SO funny. And thankfully, we're treated to even more (and better) OCD moments in Book 2! ;)

I also liked the progression of Island & March's relationship. I was happy that it wasn't cheesy insta-love. (view spoiler).

I understand what you're saying about the quotes at the beginning of each chapter. And while I was reading, I was aware of what the author was trying to convey by opening each chapter w/ one of these quotes. Still, I thought that it was overkill. If I remember correctly, there were over 30 chapters... which means that we were treated to at least 30 of the most ghastly "Romance Book" quotes ever generated. (I've read some truly awful Romance Books, so I guess that a part of me automatically recoils when confronted w/ quotes such as these). :)

Penelope, let me know if you want to discuss Book 2 as well! :)

message 30: by Maida (new) - added it

Maida (maida-goodreadscomuser_name) | 357 comments Jeanne wrote: "@Maida, glad you liked it enough to want book 2! :)"

Thanks so much, Jeanne! Spotless is truly a book that you have to be in the mood for. It's also a book that requires a lot of patience, especially in the beginning. (I almost DNF'd on page 5, page 10, page 15, etc.).

The great news is that once you become accustomed to the author's writing style, the heroine's quirky stream of conscious narrative, & the over-the-top circumstances that the characters find themselves in, the book becomes much more enjoyable & the reading goes by a lot more quickly. I was able to read Book 2 in a fraction of the time that it took for me to read Book 1. xoxo