BYOB Club discussion

BYOB Reading Challenge 2016 > 6. Listen to an audiobook

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nidhi (new)

Nidhi Srivastava (nidhisrivastava) | 109 comments Mod
What's the best audiobook you listened to in a while?

message 2: by Utkarsh (new)

Utkarsh Bansal (yourfriendlyneighborhoodbansal) | 68 comments Nidhi wrote: "What's the best audiobook you listened to in a while?"

Does The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy radio series count?

message 3: by Nidhi (new)

Do you think it should? Maybe it should? It is a radio series in itself and not mere reading of the book...

message 4: by Varun (new)

Varun | 81 comments Nidhi wrote: "What's the best audiobook you listened to in a while?"

The Graveyard Book, followed closely by Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal

message 5: by Jaya (new)

Jaya BBC has done some great dramatised versions of Agatha Christies(both Poirot& Marple). And their Doctor Whos are a personal fave.

message 6: by Varun (new)

Varun | 81 comments Utkarsh wrote: "Nidhi wrote: "What's the best audiobook you listened to in a while?"

Does The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy radio series count?"

The books narrated by Martin Freeman are pretty good. Give them a shot if you'd like to

message 7: by Utkarsh (new)

Utkarsh Bansal (yourfriendlyneighborhoodbansal) | 68 comments By the way, Pride and Prejudice has been read by Rosamund Pike. Haven't heard it, but it must be good.

message 8: by Mansi (last edited Jul 06, 2016 06:50AM) (new)

Mansi Kwatra (mansikwatra) | 4 comments Alice and Wonderland has been read by Scarlett Johannson. The sample reading on audible sounded spunky!

I recently listened to the audiobook of "Is everyone hanging without me?" by Mindy Kaling. Even though it has been narrated by the author, it's not good. Gave up after three quarters of the book.

message 9: by Varun (new)

Varun | 81 comments Mansi wrote: "Alice and Wonderland has been read by Scarlett Johannson. The sample reading on audible sounded spunky!

I recently listened to the audiobook of "Is everyone hanging without me?" by Mindy Kaling. E..."

That bad huh? Was thinking of giving it a shot

message 10: by Mansi (new)

Mansi Kwatra (mansikwatra) | 4 comments Varun wrote: "Mansi wrote: "Alice and Wonderland has been read by Scarlett Johannson. The sample reading on audible sounded spunky!

I recently listened to the audiobook of "Is everyone hanging without me?" by M..."

She is a good actor but lacks the charisma for an audiobook reading. Maybe if I read the book, it'll be funnier.

message 11: by Nidhi (new)

Mansi wrote: "Alice and Wonderland has been read by Scarlett Johannson. The sample reading on audible sounded spunky!

I recently listened to the audiobook of "Is everyone hanging without me?" by Mindy Kaling. E..."

three quarters is an interesting place to give up a book!