What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Book about a girl named Fortel. Genre is paranormal/romance/fantasy. She has a cat named Sunrise, or Dawn

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Constance (new)

Constance | 1 comments I can't remeber the name of the book for the life of me, other then it has desert in the name. Its about a girl born to a king or noble who's wife is the head judge or court system. She has come of age and her father is forcing a arranged marriage on her. She must choose to be married off or study to be high judge like her mother. She ends up running into her twin sister while running away from her fathers guards. This starts her whole journey into finding out who she is, and what she is. She runs into the crown prince into the desert and she saves him with the help of an own crone and her healing powers. She also has a spirit guide or companion named sunrise who's either a desert cat or lion/wolf.

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 36032 comments Mod
A long shot that matches on a couple of points (fantasy, "desert" in title, cat, twin sister, prince) - Desert Rising by Kelley Grant?

Constance, what year did you read this book?

Is it for younger adults/teens or older adults?

How else might the heroine's name be spelled besides Fortel?

message 3: by Juels (last edited Jul 05, 2016 11:26AM) (new)

Juels | 2531 comments Daughter of the Desert by Noel-Anne Brennan. Girl's name is Forentel.

message 4: by Kris (new)

Kris | 36032 comments Mod
I like Juels' suggestion much better.

message 5: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40166 comments Mod
Constance, are you still looking for this or did you find it? Was it Juels' suggestion?