Beta Reader Group discussion

Authors Seeking FREE Betas > Seeking beta For Speculative Fiction Short Story

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn McBride (carolynmcbride) | 12 comments Good evening all,
I have a short speculative fiction story, 10 pages, less than 5K words that I'd like to get fresh eyes on. I've read it to myself, I've read it aloud to my dog, and no matter how many times I've polished the description and looked for typos, I'm sure I'm glazing over more.

Just so we all go into this with our eyes open, the two main characters are both women, and do develop feelings for each other. They do nothing more risque than cuddling in front of a fire and holding hands, but I thought it important potential betas know this in advance.

I'm looking for feedback on readability, enjoyment (or not), is the theme visible and what kind of feeling the piece leaves behind.

Thank you for reading this plea for assistance.

message 2: by DReader (new)

DReader | 1 comments Hi!
Sounds interesting. I'd love to read it and provide feedback if you're still looking for someone.

message 3: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn McBride (carolynmcbride) | 12 comments Thank you, DReader! If you'll provide an email address I can send it off to you shortly.
Carolyn

message 4: by HitC (new)

HitC (hitcgirl) | 136 comments Ha ha, I'm sure your dog loved it!

I'll read it. Email it to tiffany@owlediting.com.

message 5: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn McBride (carolynmcbride) | 12 comments Thanks, Tiffany! I appreciate every set of eyes willing. Sending in the next five min.