What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. YA fiction about a boy and girl (around 6 years old) writing letters to each other, and continue to write letters as they grow up [s]

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Eliza (new)

Eliza I read this book around 2007 and it starts off as a young boy and girl (around kindergarden age) writting letters as to why one is or isnt sorry for what happened that day at school. There are spelling mistakes and the letters look adorable.
As they start to grow up, they keep writing letters to each other, the whole book is just letters to and from each other, but they write about how their lives change and they become adults and start their own families, they go to each others weddings, and keep writing letters!
I think **its been ages since i read this book and i may have started imagining things** the end of the book is them realizing that they have actuallu loved each other all along!

Please help me. Ive thought about this book often and even tried to google search it haha.

message 2: by Kris (last edited Jul 05, 2016 04:36PM) (new)

Kris | 36033 comments Mod
Eliza, where do the boy and girl live in the beginning - are they neighbors or penpals in different cities/countries? Are they from very different cultures?

Same Sun Here by Silas House appears to be too recent, but I'll mention it just in case you're interested.

message 3: by Eliza (new)

Eliza Not sure if neighbour's but they go to the same school so must live close by.
From what I can remember there is nothing about nationality of either kid.

message 4: by Teresa (new)

Teresa | 1 comments Is it Love Rosie (where rainbows end) by Cecelia Ahern, set in Ireland and the US.

The 2 main characters send letters throughout their lives, childhood, college, marriages etc and never tell each other they love them till they are old, it's a lovely book.

message 5: by Kris (new)

Love, Rosie by Cecelia Ahern - Teresa's suggestion

message 6: by Electric (new)

Electric Bubbles (electricbubbles) | 56 comments Following.

message 7: by Eliza (new)

Eliza Yes thank you!

message 8: by Kris (new)

Note: Already shelved under alternative title Where Rainbows End by Cecelia Ahern.