What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Cryogenics /Transplant /Criminal; man being involved in some sort of incident (a crash/shooting) and being put into cryogenic freezing

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 2 comments Hello,

I'm looking for a book I read some years ago now which involved something along the lines of a man being involved in some sort of incident (a crash/shooting) and being put into cryogenic freezing. I'm sure there was also something about him being given a transplant with what I believe to be with a criminal. From what I remember, it's was something odd like an arm or some major organ. I'm sure this then made he do things he wouldn't have usually done before. There was also quite a few graphical sex scenes throughout the story. Unfortunately I can't remember much more about the story as this was a good 9 years ago I read this during a trip. I just remember being absorbed into the story.

I'm sure if someone can think of a possible result I'll know it straight away.

Thanks for any help. I'll add anything if I remember it.

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 36029 comments Mod
Samantha, for how many years was the man cryogenically frozen?

Can you describe the man before the freezing - his job, location, family/friends, personality, etc.?

Does this science fiction story take place on Earth?

message 3: by Kris (new)

Kris | 36029 comments Mod
A World Out of Time by Larry Niven?

One Goodreads reviewer says: "A World Out of Time started off pretty well, with the very intriguing concept of bringing cryogenically frozen patients back to life by transplanting their personalities into convicted felons whose punishment is essentially being turned into empty vessels for other personalities to take over."

message 4: by Samantha (last edited Jul 05, 2016 10:25AM) (new)

Samantha | 2 comments It was probably about 10 or so years.

I can't remember much about his job, he had a partner and they were very close. He seemed like a normal guy, very caring and helpful. He may have been a police officer or detective.

Yes, this story all happens on Earth. It all seemed like it could well happen in our near future but was obviously written a good 10 years ago.

---

No, that definitely isn't the one. Thanks for trying to help though. Hopefully the information I have added may help some more. I wish I remembered more of it!

message 5: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40166 comments Mod
Samantha, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

A World Out of Time (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Larry Niven (other topics)