Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Cover Help > Cover Photo, Description, Reviews

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea DiCicco | 10 comments I have three things to chat about-

1. I just received my very first review on Goodreads from a reader on NetGalley. When I click on the review from my homepage, it does not show me what the review says. I read the review on a private page through a different website, but for some reason, when I try to access it from my Goodreads page, I cannot. I am concerned that customers will not be able to read the review. Any suggestions on how to fix that?

2&3. I have a cover photo for "The Lonely Teddy Bear" of a suitcase, tea kettle, a book, and hat on a train. That is the correct photo for this cover. The blurb to go with it should read:

"Jink has spent the majority of his days sitting in his chair by the window in his Victorian home, peering out in solitude. After years of waiting for the return of Janie, he grows ever restless. The memories of her are bittersweet and painful, like honey and jagged glass. Jink can think of nothing else. One day while gazing out his window in his large empty house, it occurs to him that this window has become his own glass cage. Quickly growing resentful of this realization he decides that he has had enough. He packs his belongings into his suitcase and takes off across the country to fill the void of emptiness that has been there since the absence of her. Journal in hand, he is determined to the fill the pages."

I currently have three different versions of book covers with descriptions. One cover image is outdated, but remains, one cover is correct but the description is not, and one has both the correct cover and description. How can I make that last one the ONLY available cover and description and get rid of the older two?

message 2: by Paula (last edited Jul 04, 2016 08:15AM) (new)

Paula (paulaan) | 7029 comments 1) GR does not delete / change covers on published books

Follow instructions in msg4 of link below to set default edition

https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

2) Description updated

3) Librarians have no control over reviews

Filtering reviews by text only, I can see the text of the review

message 3: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea DiCicco | 10 comments Thank you!