Goodreads Friends discussion

Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles, #1)
This topic is about Cinder
Book Discussions > Cinder - The Lunar Chronicles # 1

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dominique (last edited Jul 04, 2016 07:40AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dominique Even if you already read this one, please join us in the discussion

Silvia Turcios | 4 comments I read Cinder thanks to a challenge of Retellings that I did with another group and to be honest, I was very reluctant to read it : A cyborg Cinderella?! No way!, hahaha... but it was a nice surprise. I loved Cinder and that was just the beginning :)

Dominique I agree, at first I was thinking I might not like it but loved it!

Lulu (lulureads365) Just found this on Audio at my local library. I'm gonna pick it up this evening.

Roseena Peralta I enjoyed the books ! I have to r3ad Winter still

Dominique Lulu wrote: "Just found this on Audio at my local library. I'm gonna pick it up this evening."

Great!

message 7: by Lulu (last edited Jul 06, 2016 08:40AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Lulu (lulureads365) I'm enjoying this so far...on Chapter 5. (view spoiler)

Dominique Lulu wrote: "I'm enjoying this so far...on Chapter 5. [spoilers removed]"

There's more to come Lulu! L'm glad you like it so far.

Lulu (lulureads365) Ok. I'm ready to start book 2. Lol. I've really gotten caught up in this.

Dominique Lulu wrote: "Ok. I'm ready to start book 2. Lol. I've really gotten caught up in this."

What did you think of Cinder?

message 11: by Lulu (last edited Jul 11, 2016 07:23PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Lulu (lulureads365) I didn't know what I was getting myself into and I have to admit I'm not really big on "sci-fi", but this was a good balance for me. It wasn't too techy as to where I couldn't keep up. I enjoy the movement of the plot and I'm just wondering what's next....will the Cinderella storyline continue or was this it? I had to remind myself a couple of times that Cinder and Kai were both teenagers and honestly I could have strangled the author for Peony. Oh, "the glass slipper" scene was a heart breaker.

Needless to say I've picked up Scarlet and will be starting soon.

Dominique Lulu wrote: "I didn't know what I was getting myself into and I have to admit I'm not really big on "sci-fi", but this was a good balance for me. It wasn't too techy as to where I couldn't keep up. I enjoy the ..."

Each book introduces a new character but Cinder is part of them.
I'll put a thread for Scarlet