Paper & Glam Book Club discussion

Gone with the Wind
This topic is about Gone with the Wind
Glam Archives | 2016 > July 2016: Gone With The Wind!

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lisamarie (last edited Jul 28, 2016 07:16AM) (new) - added it

Lisamarie Landreth (paperandglam) | 237 comments Mod
It's time to read the greatest American classic of all time, Gone With The Wind!

Remember this is another challenging, long read so in case you missed the schedule on our Facebook group, here it is again to help us stay on track:

Part 1 & 2 - July 7th
Part 3 - July 14th
Part 4 - July 21st
Part 5 - July 28th (Book Club Night)

Love, J (jennem) | 52 comments It has taken me a few months to read this book, and I'm still not done. For those who have read early or have already read the book; I'm curious about your thoughts.

message 3: by Debi (new) - added it

Debi I am looking forward to reading this, for the first time.
Will be getting it from my library. More later !

Kaitlyn Krna | 11 comments I'm looking forward to reading this along with everyone this month! I read it about ten years ago and remember it taking me about a month and a half to read, but I was a much slower reader back then. I remember being surprised at how much more there was to the story than what was in the movie, because the movie is a pretty decent length!

I'm excited to see what new things I take away from reading it this time, now in my twenties and with more understanding of Civil War history.

message 5: by Sherry (new) - added it

Sherry Jolly (bibliomane1970) | 5 comments This is my favorite book. Ever! I first read it in high school because we were graded partially on the number of pages read! I'm really excited to be reading it again. I've seen the movie many times - but it has been two decades since I've read the book. Finding so many things that I have forgotten over the years.

Leane I watched the movie in 7th grade but I only remember a few parts.

I've been listening to it on Audible and I'm loving it!
I have about 30% left.

Love, J (jennem) | 52 comments I wish I would have done Audible with this book. It didn't even occur to me.

Heather (heathrene) I finished the book last night! I hadn't read it before and only watched the drapery dress scene of the movie once when I was in elementary school so this was full of surprises for me. I'll be watching the movie in full this week and then reading the companion, Frankly, My Dear, while on vacation in Lake Tahoe next week! I enjoyed this book even more than I expected and I can't wait to discuss it with the group.

message 9: by Robin (new)

Robin (rwaggs) | 16 comments Sherry wrote: "This is my favorite book. Ever! I first read it in high school because we were graded partially on the number of pages read! I'm really excited to be reading it again. I've seen the movie many time..."

It's been one of my favorite for years as well. Every time I re-read it, I see something I had forgotten. Maybe because there is SO much that happens, it's hard to remember it all.