Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Cover Help > Add Elizabeth Hardwick Cover

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Myra (new)

Myra Breckinridge (myrabreckinridge) | 55 comments 1980 Virago edition of Sleepless Nights needs cover image, which can be found here: http://www.abebooks.co.uk/book-search...

Tx!

message 2: by Codex (new)

Codex | 3400 comments Cover added (from Amazon).

message 3: by Myra (new)

Myra Breckinridge (myrabreckinridge) | 55 comments Ty! I am currently reading the March 1980 version, which has no cover listed, but is the same as the 1989 edition just updated here, if someone wouldn't mind updating that as well.

message 4: by Codex (new)

Codex | 3400 comments We can’t use that cover, because it contains the text “Virago Modern Classics”, which would hardly appear on the cover of the Vintage imprint—even though Vintage may have used the same artwork.
(I searched, but couldn’t find a cover image for the Vintage edition you refer to.)

message 5: by Myra (new)

Myra Breckinridge (myrabreckinridge) | 55 comments Okay, so this is the information printed in my book:
(Cover- The "Virago Modern Classics" that was added above.)

Published- Virago Limited 1980
ISBN- 0-86068-189-0
151 Pages

If I search this ISBN online, I get the 1989 pub, 176 pages listing Goodreads uses. So, anything I can/should do? Or just shrug that the ISBN info is wrong?

(I had chosen the listed Vintage edition since it had the year and page count right.)

Thanks for the help, Codex.

message 6: by Codex (new)

Codex | 3400 comments OK, WorldCat agrees with your information: ISBN, publication year (1980), and page count (151).

The 1989 publication date and 176 page count appears to have come from Amazon. . . .

So, based on the info from WorldCat, as corroborated by your book-in-hand confirmation, the info for this edition has been amended accordingly.