YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

End of Watch (Bill Hodges Trilogy, #3)
This topic is about End of Watch
BUDDY READ: Horror/Thriller > End of Watch (Bill Hodges Trilogy #3) by Stephen King - Starting July 3rd, 2016

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Abby (last edited Jul 03, 2016 02:20PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Abby | 5454 comments Brady Hartsfield, perpetrator of the Mercedes Massacre, where eight people were killed and many more were badly injured, has been in the Traumatic Brain Injury Clinic for five years, in a vegetative state. According to his doctors, anything approaching a complete recovery is unlikely. But behind the drool and stare, Brady is awake, and in possession of deadly new powers that allow him to wreak unimaginable havoc without ever leaving his hospital room.

Retired police detective Bill Hodges, the unlikely hero of Mr. Mercedes and Finders Keepers, now runs an investigation agency with his partner, Holly Gibney, who delivered the blow to Hartsfield's head that put him on the brain injury ward. Brady also remembers that. When Bill and Holly are called to a murder-suicide with ties to the Mercedes Massacre, they find themselves pulled into their most dangerous case yet, one that will put not only their lives at risk, but those of Hodges’s friend Jerome Robinson and his teenage sister, Barbara. Because Brady Hartsfield is back, and planning revenge not just on Bill Hodges and his friends, but on an entire city.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

So excited to get into this...

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

7% (view spoiler)

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

19% no!!! (view spoiler)

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

46% (view spoiler)

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

48% "Yeah, and the farmers in California need rain" I love this reference cuz it's true... I'm from California near farming lands!!

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

56% (view spoiler)

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

End of chapter 17 (view spoiler)

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

92% almost done but I have to go into work now!!! I am in suspense right now.. I need to know what will happen. I have to wait til tomorrow afternoon now ;( (view spoiler)

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Finished but not completely happy. 5 stars. (view spoiler)

message 11: by Abby (new) - rated it 4 stars

Abby | 5454 comments Wow, you flew through it, Cinthia! I'm only about 15% in but it's great so far.

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

I hope you enjoy it... hodges grows on you.

message 13: by Abby (new) - rated it 4 stars

Abby | 5454 comments 26%: (view spoiler)

message 14: by Abby (new) - rated it 4 stars

Abby | 5454 comments 63%: (view spoiler)

message 15: by Abby (new) - rated it 4 stars

Abby | 5454 comments 83%: (view spoiler)

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

Abby wrote: "26%: [spoilers removed]"

It's still pretty good!

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

Abby wrote: "83%: [spoilers removed]"

I know I was so scared for her.

message 18: by Abby (new) - rated it 4 stars

Abby | 5454 comments Finished: (view spoiler)

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

Abby wrote: "Finished: [spoilers removed]"

Yeah it had to. It's still sad but I guess it's not as bad when you see it coming.