Obsessed with True Crime discussion

Movies/TV / Podcasts Archive > Who Killed Vincent Chin?

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Fishface (new)

Fishface | 13663 comments When we passed the anniversary of this notorious Detroit murder, I made an ILL request to see this movie again. I watched it twice, dumbstruck once again by how horrible it all was. As a new copy of this film costs four hundred freaking dollars, and I have never yet found a used copy online, I am just going to have to hope the elderly VHS tape I keep borrowing from WAYNE State University library doesn't give out on me.

Don't miss this one if you get a chance to see it. Everything that could go wrong, did go wrong in this case.

message 2: by Shelley (last edited Jul 03, 2016 03:33PM) (new)

Shelley | 1225 comments Is this a documentary?

message 3: by Fishface (new)

Fishface | 13663 comments Yes. I found out about it by seeing the follow-up, called VINCENT WHO?

message 4: by Shelley (new)

Shelley | 1225 comments I found it online. You could watch it there or even download it.

https://vid.me/SzO/who-killed-vincent...

message 5: by Fishface (new)

Fishface | 13663 comments I'm not online at home at the moment. But I'll save the link, thanks!

message 6: by Lady ♥ Belleza, Gif Princesa (new)

Lady ♥ Belleza (bella_foxx) | 3415 comments Mod
My library just has the film that has to be run through a projector. I had to make an appointment to see it.

message 7: by Lady ♥ Belleza, Gif Princesa (new)

I tried watching it with that link neither time made it to the end.

message 8: by Shelley (new)

Shelley | 1225 comments Oh, I downloaded it for watching later and the whole thing is there. Do you get an error message or something?

BTW: The reviews all say how hard (emotionally) it is to watch.

message 9: by Lady ♥ Belleza, Gif Princesa (new)

Shelley wrote: "Oh, I downloaded it for watching later and the whole thing is there. Do you get an error message or something?

BTW: The reviews all say how hard (emotionally) it is to watch."

I couldn't figure out how to download it so I just played it on my devise. No error message it just stopped playing.

message 10: by Shelley (new)

Shelley | 1225 comments I am on Windows 10 and FireFox. I use an addon called Video Download Helper (free, of course). Used it for years. Works great.

message 11: by Lady ♥ Belleza, Gif Princesa (new)

OK I got it. I just have to watch it on my computer.

message 12: by Shelley (new)

Shelley | 1225 comments Oh good! Let me know what you think of it. I am kinda chicken about watching something everyone says is so upsetting.

message 13: by Lady ♥ Belleza, Gif Princesa (new)

Oh i've seen it. I watched at the library. It didn't upset me so much as enrage me. White men (and women) behaving badly. I mean how do you accidentally beat someone to death with a baseball bat? And how is that not brutally killing someone?

message 14: by Lady ♥ Belleza, Gif Princesa (new)

I won't say anymore because I don't want to spoil it for you. There is so much about this case that just Foxtrot burns my butt.

message 15: by Shelley (new)

Shelley | 1225 comments Butt burning mad - watching "Making a Murderer" was like that.

message 16: by Fishface (last edited Jul 05, 2016 10:24AM) (new)

Fishface | 13663 comments I have seen it 4x or more now and the hard part is seeing what his mother went through. It just tears me apart. I love that Bill Bonds, a Detroit newscaster I grew up watching, demanded answers from the judge right on TV one night. I did not love the judge's answer: in essence, "Do you have any idea how busy I am?" I have no words for how I feel about the killers, in their alligator shirts and boat shoes, talking about how well they feel the justice system works.