Beta / Proof Readers discussion

Authors > Complete Sci-Fi Thriller Novel (92k) - Spheria

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cody (new)

Cody Leet (codyleet) | 2 comments Hello everyone. I am Cody Leet. My new novel, Spheria, is a techno-thriller that combines elements of science and mythology to blur the lines between good and evil, reality and imagination, and gives a fresh look at the human condition. I'm scheduled to finish with my editor this week so will have a final draft ready for review.

Synopsis:

Using breakthroughs in quantum computing, a team of researchers create a virtual world with sentient inhabitants. To these artificial beings, their human overseers appear as gods, while they try to understand their reality.

When Min fills an intern vacancy on the project team, it seems like the opportunity of a lifetime. However, she soon discovers something sinister, something that might just shorten that lifetime dramatically.

Book's genre: Modern Science Fiction / Thriller

Word count: 92k

Sex: One scene, partially graphic, but comical also

Violence: A couple moderate scenes involving mostly artificial life forms.

Triggers: Some philosophical themes, questioning reality, etc. that might be offensive to religious readers.

# of beta readers: 1 to 2

Desired turn around time: 3 weeks (end of July 2016)

Info: http://www.codyleet.com

If interested please email me@codyleet.com. I hope you will enjoy the novel.

Thank you all for considering!
Cody Leet

message 2: by Cody (new)

Cody Leet (codyleet) | 2 comments I should have stated what I am looking for for a beta read. The text has already been professionally edited (in addition to Hemingway and Grammarly), so I am not looking for a line edit, although if you find a typo please do let me know.

What I am looking for is:

- any sections, chapters, paragraphs that are just kind of boring
- any continuity issues.
- any plot holes that I missed.
- any character issues, questionable actions or dialog.
- any fact violations. I did fact check everything twice, so I don't believe this is the case.

Thanks. Cody.