Play Book Tag discussion

The Housekeeper and the Professor
This topic is about The Housekeeper and the Professor
Archive: Other Books > The Housekeeper and the Professor by Yoko Ogawa 4 stars

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Rachel N. | 1581 comments A housekeeper begins working for a former mathematics professor who due to an accident can only remember the past 80 minutes. The two of them plus the housekeepers son, nicknamed Root, eventually form a friendship. A sweet story of friendship and family. There is a lot of math in the book which bogged the story down a bit in places for me. Otherwise I enjoyed the story and the characters.

Olivermagnus (lynda214) | 2305 comments I really liked this but agree about the math. I accidentally recommended it to someone who chose the audio and she couldn't stand it. At least you can skim the physical copy.

Karin | 7349 comments I liked it, including the math, but then we are a bit geeky around here. My eldest is a college math major. However, I can understand why some would skip that part.

Anita Pomerantz | 6671 comments Another mother of a math major here, and I honestly loved the math. It does require some thought though. I just sent this one to my sister. Hope she at least likes it.

Sara (mootastic1) | 770 comments I am not at all a lover of math, but I thought it was well incorporated. Not once did it pull me out of the story or require me to skim.

Karin | 7349 comments Sara wrote: "I am not at all a lover of math, but I thought it was well incorporated. Not once did it pull me out of the story or require me to skim."

Thanks, I felt it was well incorporated as well :).