CPL's Book Quest: The Challenge discussion

Halfway Celebration Threads > Day 7- Advice and Encouragement

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Joanna (new)

Joanna | 748 comments Mod
We’re halfway through this challenge- just another 26 weeks left.

Is there any advice/encouragement you can give to your fellow challengers as we start on the final half?

Mine is this- don't lose sight of the journey for the destination. We all want to make the 52 book challenge. But don't let the rush of trying to make 52 books cloud the joy of just being able to read. Enjoy each book. Savor each word. And if you don't make 52 books, that's okay! You read. That's all that matters.

message 2: by Lyn (new)

Lyn | 53 comments my advice is even though days get hectic,always try and get a few quiet minutes of reading in,in a day

message 3: by J (new)

J (luckyladyvabch) | 177 comments Mod
My advice is - if you find yourself deciding to do other things than read your current book or you are groaning when thinking about reading it - Chuck it!

message 4: by Ann (new)

Ann (ann-fracturedfiction) | 474 comments My advice is- try new things: new genres, new authors. If something sounds interesting, give it a try.

message 5: by Ingrid (new)

Ingrid Hurst (bookrdr) | 279 comments Always have a book with you so even if there is a small amount of down time you can get some reading in. Waiting for the doctor, a car repair & such.