Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

The Daily Prompt: 2016 - Mystery Edition
This topic is about The Daily Prompt
Book Issues > Major Changes to Posted Book

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by J.C. (new)

J.C. Cauthon (cauthonj) | 22 comments Okay, let's see if I can explain this as clearly as I can.

I posted this book when I made it available for preorder on Amazon, this it has an ASIN. But, the people who have ordered it so far have commented consistently that they were confusing it with the year-long The Daily Prompt:2016 book, so I decided to pull they Mystery Edition from the series and make it a first volume in it's own series.

Now, it is no longer called The Daily Prompt: 2016 - Mystery Edition. It is called Case Files: Whodunnit? - Volume 1. Also, it is no longer part of The Daily Prompt series. It is now part of the Case Files: Whodunnit? series. It also has a brand new cover.

But, because i made the changes on the previously created book on Amazon, it still has the same ASIN as the original book that no longer exists.

How do I make the necessary changes to the Goodreads entry for this book when both versions have the same ASIN?

message 2: by Joneen (new)

Joneen (belovedjg) | 99 comments Hi J.C.,

I have created an alternate title edition for you: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3...
And combined it with the original work.

I left the cover blank for now, as I'm guessing you will be creating a new cover for the new title?

message 3: by J.C. (new)

J.C. Cauthon (cauthonj) | 22 comments Thank you, Joneen! It looks great! Adding the new cover now. Thank you for fixing this mess for me.

message 4: by Joneen (new)

Joneen (belovedjg) | 99 comments No problem, happy to!