YA Horror Readers & Writers discussion

Introduce yourself!

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by K. B. (last edited Jul 06, 2016 01:32PM) (new)

K. B. Frazier (kirabutler) | 4 comments Mod
Let us know who you are and what you like to read. :)

Bonus points:

Do you BookTube?
Do you Bookstagram?
Do you Book Blog?

Let us know where we can find you.

message 2: by Amy (new)

Amy Giuffrida (amygiuffrida) | 4 comments Hey all!
I'm Amy, I've self-published one NA horror, THE BLEEDING HEART, and have a short story published in the anthology, Halloween: Trick or Treat (available on Amazon Kindle). Currently, I'm working on writing an adult horror.

I love to read YA--pretty much anything except urban fantasy, certain science fiction, and non-fiction. I also dabble in reading NA contemporary and romance. I have a few adult horror and fantasy authors that I love too, like Stephen King, Joe Hill, Laurell K. Hamilton, Chuck Palaniuk, Kim Harrison, and Charlaine Harris. I'm sure there are a few missing from this list, but I'm also working on expanding what I read.

message 3: by Adam (new)

Adam (AStephenGetty) | 3 comments Yo. Ugh... "Yo."

I'm Adam. I'm new at this. I write short stories almost exclusively, never been published. I'm more of a recreational writer dabbling and networking.

I actually don't read anywhere near as much now as I used to. But when I read I tended toward classic literature, and darker fantasy. Which is ironic, because that's not really what I write. I'll read basically anything in front of me, when I get around to it, and I tend not to develop favorites.

I read a lot of Rand in my youth, but eventually grew out of it. I've read virtually everything by Glenn Cook, big fan of C.S Friedman's work, and a friend of mine has been urging me to read Nick Harkaway's "Gone Away World" which is why it's been on my "Am Reading" list for like six months. That's about all I can think of at the moment.