Indie Authors discussion

Wyrd Worlds > Wyrd Worlds on Bundle Rabbit

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Barbara (new)

Barbara Tarn (barbaragtarn) | 1194 comments Hi guys
we're thinking of doing Wyrd World 3 through Bundle Rabbit.
https://www.bundlerabbit.com/

What is Bundle Rabbit? It's a little like Story Bundle, but allows anyone to upload his/her books and also anyone to become a curator of a bundle.

Here is all the authors should know.
https://www.bundlerabbit.com/home/aut...
and if you want to set up your own bundle and become a curator:
https://www.bundlerabbit.com/home/aut...
More FAQs: https://www.bundlerabbit.com/home/faq

So authors who would like to participate in Wyrd Worlds Battlefield 1066 are requested to join and upload their story. We will figure out during the summer how to make everything works.

I had one of my books in a bundle last May - it sold only 14 copies, but that's 14 new people who will read Technological Angel! And it put me a few $$ in my Paypal account as well...

message 2: by A.L., Stormy Chronicler (last edited Jul 08, 2016 04:51AM) (new)

A.L. Butcher (alb2012) | 998 comments I assume they can be sold elsewhere? So if I have them on SW and Zon (non Select) that's OK? I'm sure you sent me a link a while back. Sorry I'm rubbish - been ill so a bit muddled with things.

message 3: by A.L., Stormy Chronicler (new)

A.L. Butcher (alb2012) | 998 comments I've just joined Rabbit Bundle as an author. So far sticking with Outside the Walls and The Kitchen Imps and Other Dark Tales. I'll see how it goes with those.

I found it a bit fiddly - but it's a good idea so I'll give it a try

message 4: by Barbara (new)

Barbara Tarn (barbaragtarn) | 1194 comments A.L. wrote: "I assume they can be sold elsewhere? So if I have them on SW and Zon (non Select) that's OK? I'm sure you sent me a link a while back. Sorry I'm rubbish - been ill so a bit muddled with things."

LOL, yes, the must be on sale somewhere else, so the bundle shows up as a discount... Like, you sell them for 2.99 or 4.99 or whatever and in the bundle, the grand total means that people can get 5 books including yours for 4.99. Am I clear with this simplified example?

message 5: by A.L., Stormy Chronicler (new)

A.L. Butcher (alb2012) | 998 comments Oh yes I see. So should I put them more than on Amazon?

message 6: by A.L., Stormy Chronicler (new)

A.L. Butcher (alb2012) | 998 comments OK I raised the price a bit. I'll see how it goes. It's a nice idea. Can you be in more than one Bundle per book?

message 7: by Barbara (new)

Barbara Tarn (barbaragtarn) | 1194 comments A.L. wrote: "Oh yes I see. So should I put them more than on Amazon?"

Unless you love KDP Select, put them everywhere. I wasn't impressed with the results of my KU title for its 90 days exclusivity, so I won't do it again.
Bundle Rabbit is to make bundles easy for curators and authors. But the books should be available elsewhere, so that the buyer thinks he/she has a deal! :)
And since anyone can be a curator, you don't have to wait to be picked up like for Story Bundle, if you find books that you think would look good next to yours (same genre/same length, etc), you can set up your own bundle...

message 8: by A.L., Stormy Chronicler (new)

A.L. Butcher (alb2012) | 998 comments Cool. I don't have any books in Select now. I got about 9 pages read in forever and the countdown wasn't massively helpful. I get enough sales from the other stores to make it worth more than Select. I think Select has it's uses but they diminish the longer the books are there.

I'll see how I get on. If anyone wants my books to curate or has some fantasy/fairytale types poke me.

I have a couple of really short horror pieces 2k words each. I'm wondering if they are too short to do as stand alones - so that might be nice as a bundle.
One is Jack the Ripper themed so maybe something on those lines, the other is a vampire story.

message 9: by Barbara (new)

Barbara Tarn (barbaragtarn) | 1194 comments A.L. wrote: "I have a couple of really short horror pieces 2k words each. I'm wondering if they are too short to do as stand alones - so that might be nice as a bundle.
One is Jack the Ripper themed so maybe something on those lines, the other is a vampire story. "

I've seen bundles with short stories on Bundle Rabbit... I only uploaded novellas so far (and one novel)... I'm thinking of adding some shorts, but I'm not sure if I'd find others... besides, shorts are usually good for submission to trad mags! ;)

message 10: by A.L., Stormy Chronicler (new)

A.L. Butcher (alb2012) | 998 comments Fair enough, I'm looking into that option too.

I might put them up there and see how it goes. Which means finding a cover....

I need to make an e-pub too. That might be tomorrow's job when the tech of the house isn't at work:)