Play Book Tag discussion

The World Weavers
This topic is about The World Weavers
June, 2016: Fantasy > World Weavers by Kelley Grant - 4 stars

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Megalion | 484 comments A satisfying conclusion to a very good fantasy trilogy.

What especially attracted me to this series were the feli. Various great cats who were a type of self-assigned familiar. Much like the Chosen of Mercedes Lackey's Valdemar series. Only different. Because cats of any size are very distinctively for themselves.

You can also see very subtle similarities between the racial divide of real life US and the races of this world Kelley created. At least it easily came to mind in the early part of the trilogy when the story set itself up. But to be clear, this is a fantasy world. Not an alternative or dystopian version of Earth.

Series is an easy recommend. Start at the beginning and binge read your way through.

Lucky you as I had to wait after the 2nd one.

And unfortunately for me, I couldn't recall the full setting and exactly who all the players were and their factions at first. Took me a while to get that all back. That's partially my memory. Usually I get annoyed at too much re-capping being done in the first part of the book but given the varying motivations and backstories among the members of the main factions plus the gods and their own interpersonal relations, maybe there could have been a bit more recapping.

HOWEVER, this is definitely specific to MY experience. And my fault for skipping my usual step of re-reading the previous book before reading the new book in any series. I read too much to properly retain much after even a couple months gap.

For you, prospective reader, you will not have this problem. All three books are now out. If you've read the first two, you might want to skim over the 2nd book, esp near the end to refresh your memory.

I look forward to more wonders from Kelley Grant!

message 2: by Denizen (new)

Denizen (den13) | 1138 comments Megalion wrote: "A satisfying conclusion to a very good fantasy trilogy.

What especially attracted me to this series were the feli. Various great cats who were a type of self-assigned familiar. Much like the Chose..."

What's the name of the first book?

message 4: by Denizen (new)

Denizen (den13) | 1138 comments The feli do make the book intriguing

message 5: by annapi (new)

annapi | 5129 comments Sounds interesting!