Perustopia Book Club discussion

Book buying problem! ;(

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ellie Mellie (new)

Ellie Mellie I have the same problem and although I haven't yet read any of the books I would buy I'll give you the sun or November 9.

message 2: by ellie (new)

ellie (hugvvarts) | 83 comments Definitely IGYTS! It gets so much hype it's worth reading about. I thought it was okay, but people freak out a lot about the metaphors lol

message 3: by ellie (new)

ellie (hugvvarts) | 83 comments ohh if you want more suggestions I would recommend carry on by rainbow rowell, I know it seems big but it reads SO fast andd OOH I'm very picky about contemporaries omg you should read Simon vs the Homo sapiens agenda! It's pure underrated joy

message 4: by ellie (new)

ellie (hugvvarts) | 83 comments It's not the continuation, it's the actual story that cath bases her fanfiction off off, they're completely different I promise :)

Nilun (BooktasticNerd)  (booktasticnerd) | 191 comments I haven't read November 9 yet but I've heard great things. I really enjoyed both IGYTS and My Life Next Door. They're all great options but that would be my buying suggestions in order. Another light humorous contemporary that I really enjoyed is Dash and Lily's Book of Dares by Rachel Cohn.

message 6: by Shizuka (new)

Shizuka (space_melody) | 23 comments I'll give you the sun, I've read amazing things about it :)

Nilun (BooktasticNerd)  (booktasticnerd) | 191 comments If you've ever heard of the movie Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist, it's based off the book that Rachel Cohn co-wrote with David Levithan. But I personally preferred Dash and Lily's Book of Dares instead. It's funny, quirky, and cute.

message 8: by Luna (new)

Luna | 14 comments You should get I'll Give You the Sun! I'd also reccommend All the Bright Places, and the Unexpected Everything is supposed to be a great summer read!!

message 9: by Luna (new)

Luna | 14 comments E e

message 10: by Kayla (new)

Kayla | 90 comments You should totally get My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick. It is one of my favorite contemporary. In general I would suggest any of her books they are all great.