The Filipino Group discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Biweekly Memes > Favorite Book Covers

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Angus (new)

Angus (angusmiranda) | 4337 comments Hi! We are resurrecting this feature but this time, we'd rather not have memes that are competitive in nature (i.e. memes that have prizes). Nevertheless, the memes will still range from listicles, photo challenges, bookish discussions, and more.

Your moderators will take turns to come up with biweekly/bimonthly/fortnightly memes. You can also volunteer, just let us know! And for the first meme since the last one, let's take pictures of our favorite book covers.

Please post an image of your favorite book cover(s). Why do you like it? Is it merely the design that draws you to it, or is there more than meets the eye?

Share those beautiful book covers and stories, and let us feast on them!

message 2: by Angus (last edited Jul 04, 2016 05:01AM) (new)

Angus (angusmiranda) | 4337 comments Here's one of my favorite book covers: A Hologram for the King.

I forced a friend to buy me this copy just because I like how it looks and feels. So pretty! It looks like an artifact discovered in a secret library. Or a magical tome that unlocks a special power when you open it. I haven't even read Dave Eggers yet. Hopefully that will change soon.

message 3: by Tin (last edited Jul 04, 2016 03:58AM) (new)

Tin (rabbitin) | 560 comments (view spoiler)

message 4: by Monique (new)

Monique (attymonique) | 2127 comments This is one of my favorite book covers:

(view spoiler)

Aside from the fact that it's a favorite retelling by Neil Gaiman, it's also because it's not like your usual hardback cover. The dust cover where the title of the book is printed is like parchment paper, which is transparent. Then on the cover itself is printed that illustration of the sleeping princess. So unlike the usual hardbacks where the dust cover and actual book cover are the same, the dust cover of this one complements the inside. And the illustrations by Chris Riddel are amazing!

message 5: by Maria Ella (new)

Maria Ella (mariaellabetos) | 1351 comments For me, it was this -

The Summer Without Men by Siri Hustvedt

The image of the woman leaping seemed minimalist yet the vibe is Summery, little that you know that her summer is a bit difficult and filled with action in a mundane routine. Wala lang, hahahahahaha

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.