Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Adding New Books & Editions > Delete Extra book

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Norma (new)

Norma Hinkens (normahinkens) | 17 comments Someone has added an extra copy of Judgement (Judgement: The Undergrounders Series Book Three (A Young Adult Science Fiction Dystopian Novel) and I'm wondering if ou can delete this as it is the same as the one listed above.
Thank you,
Norma Hinkens

message 2: by Michael (new)

Michael Korleone (michaelkorleone) | 3881 comments Hello Norma,

Was the ebook edition published in any format other than Amazon Kindle? :)

message 3: by Balso (new)

Balso | 21 comments could somebody please delete the old edition of Crypt(o)spasm by Gary J. Shipley, or else merge the two in favour of the 2016 edition? Thank you. Balso

message 4: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 26559 comments Balso, the 2 editions of Crypt(o)spasm have been combined by someone, but it may take a little while to show up due to caching.

Only the author can change the default edition so that the new cover automatically shows first, or the amount of shelvings will change the default.

message 5: by Balso (new)

Balso | 21 comments ah, ok. thanks, Sandra

message 6: by Balso (new)

Balso | 21 comments actually, when I try to switch to the new edition it says 'oops - you already have that edition on your shelf', and doesn't switch.

message 7: by Krazykiwi (new)

Krazykiwi | 1767 comments You are trying to switch which edition you have on your shelves, which only affects your user account.

What you need is this, the instructions in message 4:
https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

This will set the default edition for people who search for your book by name, or via your author profile. It won't change which edition is on anyone's shelves (including yours.)

message 8: by lethe (new)

lethe | 14558 comments Krazykiwi wrote: "You are trying to switch which edition you have on your shelves, which only affects your user account.

What you need is this, the instructions in message 4:
https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/1..."

Balso is not the author :)

message 9: by Krazykiwi (new)

Krazykiwi | 1767 comments Oh duh. Sorry Balso lol!

message 10: by Balso (new)

Balso | 21 comments thnx for all yr help

message 11: by Norma (new)

Norma Hinkens (normahinkens) | 17 comments Michael wrote: "Hello Norma,

Was the ebook edition published in any format other than Amazon Kindle? :)"

No, it wasn't.

message 12: by Michael (new)

Michael Korleone (michaelkorleone) | 3881 comments Norma wrote: "No, it wasn't."

Thank you for confirming! Ebook edition is gone now

message 13: by Norma (new)

Norma Hinkens (normahinkens) | 17 comments Michael wrote: "Norma wrote: "No, it wasn't."

Thank you for confirming! Ebook edition is gone now"

Thank you Michael!

message 14: by I.K. (new)

I.K. Spencer | 2 comments Hello,
Can someone please delete the duplicate copy of The Lone Protector here https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3... ?

Thanks!

message 15: by Codex (new)

Codex | 3400 comments #14: Author name fixed and combined.

message 16: by I.K. (new)

I.K. Spencer | 2 comments Thanks much, Codex!

message 17: by Robert (new)

Robert Martin | 2 comments The book "Presentation and Sales Strategy for an Agricultural Audience" listed on my dashboard is by another Robert A. Martin. Could someone please remove it?

message 18: by Codex (new)

Codex | 3400 comments #17: Removed that book from your profile.

message 19: by Robert (new)

Robert Martin | 2 comments Thanks so much!

message 20: by Susan (new)

Susan Stumpf | 2 comments There is a stray edition of Antecedent. I merged it with the good copy but could not find where I can "delete this book option" at the bottom of the edit book page as per the help suggestions. Can you please delete the stray version?

message 21: by Arenda (new)

Arenda | 22021 comments #20 Susan wrote: "There is a stray edition of Antecedent. I merged it with the good copy but could not find where I can "delete this book option" at the bottom of the edit book page as per the help suggestions. Can ..."

Reverted the format change for the Kindle edition.
One edition is a paperback, the other a Kindle edition. Both are valid editions, no deleting needed.

I've added the cover from Amazon to the paperback edition.