Horror Reading Challenge discussion

Burnt Offerings
This topic is about Burnt Offerings
Group Reads > July 2016 Group Read: Burnt Offerings

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Tracy (Cornerfolds) (cornerfolds) This is the place to discuss this month's group read!

The Rolfes -- Ben, wife Marian, son David, and Aunt Elizabeth -- are a pleasant family from New York seeking to escape from the doldrums of a summer in their Queens apartment. They find a beautiful old country mansion on Long Island -- restful, secluded, with pool and private beach -- perfect, for the right people. But their "perfect" summer home hides terrors beyond their wildest imaginings. During that long summer the house becomes a nightmare from which there seems to be no escape.

Let's discuss!

Latasha (latasha513) i'll be here in a few weeks.

Tiffany  (angelized_1st) | 13 comments Just bought my copy. I saw the film as a kid, but don't remember it. Sounds like a good read.

Tracy (Cornerfolds) (cornerfolds) Tiffany wrote: "Just bought my copy. I saw the film as a kid, but don't remember it. Sounds like a good read."

I didn't know there was a movie!! Now I'm even more intrigued!

Tracy (Cornerfolds) (cornerfolds) I just got an audiobook copy!

Latasha (latasha513) I've read it but ongoing to listen to the audiobook this time around. Yeah the movie is from the 70's I think. It's not bad.

Tracy (Cornerfolds) (cornerfolds) I have an hour and a half left on the audiobook so far and unless something amazing happens it's just meh.

Latasha (latasha513) oh no! I should finish The Terror tomorrow and plan on starting this Monday.

Latasha (latasha513) ok, starting this book in the morning. I would've today but it wasn't on my ipod! uh oh!

Latasha (latasha513) Is anyone else reading this? This is a reread for me. I would take Miriam's side in the beginning. The house sounds so incredible. I'm picturing a mini Versailles. I'd be selling everything I could just to say those 2 months. She sure has a heartbreaking relationship with hubby.
:( I'm about 50%. Aunt Elizabeth has just got very sick. I'd still stay in the house though :p

Empress Reece (Hooked on Books) (empressreece) I ordered a hardcopy early last week but it hasn't arrived yet. I'm hoping it will be here today. I haven't seen the movie but I want to watch it after I read the book.