What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Teen - Gold haired alien girl fitting into earth society. [s]

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Flemming | 9 comments Hi! I'm looking for a book that I read as a teenager. It "may" have been written in the 80's but I can't be totally sure. The main character was an alien girl with gold coloured hair. Not blonde-gold but "gold gold". The hair colour was made a big deal of and I remember the character being asked how she managed to dye her hair that colour. This alien girl went to a normal earth school and not many people knew she was an alien. I've hit the Google and didn't get anywhere. Any help appreciated! :)

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 36044 comments Mod
Lisa, what year did you read this book? This will help us narrow down the search.

Is this a YA science fiction or fantasy book? Any romance?

message 3: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Flemming | 9 comments I think I read it in about 1988 or 1989. I'm very fuzzy on the details but I'd say it was more a sci-fi than a fantasy. I don't remember any romance, if there was any it was fairly subtle.

message 4: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Flemming | 9 comments Still looking.

message 5: by Pamela (new)

Pamela Love | 1184 comments Was it a paperback? Possibly this is one of the Out of This World series by Marilyn Kaye. First book was Max on Earth Max on Earth Here's a picture of the cover: https://www.amazon.com/Max-Earth-Out-...

message 6: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Flemming | 9 comments Pamela, thats the one! Thank you so much. I was starting to think I'd dreamed the whole thing!

message 7: by Pamela (new)

Pamela Love | 1184 comments You're welcome. The other two books are Max on Fire Max on Fire and Max in Love Max In Love I'm not sure which is second and which third, though.