ThatOneReader's Book Club discussion

July Book Club 2016 > Tips for the TBR reducer

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mary ♥ (new)

Mary ♥ (sortofafairytale) | 593 comments Mod
Hello guys :)
I know that TBR reducer is kind of slower than other marathons but still, it's a reading marathon, which means that reading should be top priority in our schedules. For this reason, I have some advice about you guys:

1) Read small and light books. Your number of books read grows more and more and at the same time, your tbr is reduced as well
2) If you are in a reading slump or feel like getting into one, reread books you have already read. It may not reduce the TBR but it will surely be counted and it may also get you out of the slump. Reading books you are almost sure you'll love helps as well
3) Try to avoid social media and TV (that's very very very difficult for me). I don't watch TV but I am ADDICTED to tumblr and I also watch TV series and anime on my laptop so it's kinda the same as watching TV. Both these can distract you from your reading goals and this is not the best thing ever
4) Make a schedule. Fold the page you want to reach in a day or put a second bookmark in there so you'll remember your goal. DON'T push yourself too much though, know your limits and work on that
5)If you have other priorities like exams, STOP the TBR reducer. It's okay if you don't take part. It my distract you from your activities and do more bad than good
6) Whatever you decide to read, whether it's MG, YA or NA/Adult, make sure it will appeal to you. Reading half a book and then stopping because you don't like it takes time

I hope these helped, friends ♥

message 2: by Lin (new)

Lin Let | 142 comments Also if anyone wants to read anything by the author of Rosehead, she has a watt pad where she uploads her stories completely. Just type up the author's name or one of her books in the app :)

message 3: by Mary ♥ (new)

Yeah :)
Do u like Rosehead so far?

message 4: by Lin (new)

Lin Let | 142 comments Yes it is good but can manga be included in the read a thon? I can include it in middle grade since mine is quite universal but can it?

message 5: by Mary ♥ (new)

Lin wrote: "Yes it is good but can manga be included in the read a thon? I can include it in middle grade since mine is quite universal but can it?"

Yeah it can :)

message 6: by Mary ♥ (new)

Lin wrote: "Yes it is good but can manga be included in the read a thon? I can include it in middle grade since mine is quite universal but can it?"

I think. But no cheating like- reading only manga or more manga than actual books

message 7: by Lin (new)

Lin Let | 142 comments I'll only read the one :)
Hehe

message 8: by Lin (new)

Lin Let | 142 comments Thanks :3

message 9: by Mary ♥ (new)

Lin wrote: "I'll only read the one :)
Hehe"

Ok let's clear this out. The maximum is five manga

message 10: by Lin (new)

Lin Let | 142 comments Okay I'm really only going to read one though but I'll keep it in mind :)

message 11: by Mary ♥ (new)

Lin wrote: "Okay I'm really only going to read one though but I'll keep it in mind :)"

Good :D

message 12: by Lin (new)

Lin Let | 142 comments Guys! Our read a thon ends at the same time as the book tube a thon! Our last cramming read week

message 13: by Mary ♥ (new)

Lin wrote: "Guys! Our read a thon ends at the same time as the book tube a thon! Our last cramming read week"

Ours ends on Tuesday. When does the booktubeathon end?

message 14: by Lin (new)

Lin Let | 142 comments I thought ours end on the 24th

message 15: by Mary ♥ (new)

Lin wrote: "I thought ours end on the 24th"

Oh wait!
True
It ends on 24th
I just got it wrong xD

message 16: by Lin (new)

Lin Let | 142 comments Yay :) same time book tube a thon ends too

message 17: by Mary ♥ (new)