What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Non-fiction funny stories about grandmother

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dorie (new)

Dorie Nelson | 2 comments I read between 2000-2004, my grandmother read it and passed it to me. The writer I believed lived in the north - I think NW, husband says NE, was her granddaughter, grandma lived in the south. During the summer she slept on a bed on the screened in porch, I believe she made food using local critters. The book was not very long, less than 200 pages, paperback.

One of the funniest laugh out loud books I have read. Our copy literally fell apart and was thrown out when we moved. I think my daughter would enjoy it, so we are now looking for it.

message 2: by Kat (new)

Kat I don't know this book, but if we find out what it was I will buy it now.

message 3: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (last edited Jul 02, 2016 03:08PM) (new)

Lobstergirl | 40226 comments Mod
Did it seem old or new when you read it? About what years did the grandmother's life span? Remember the cover?

message 4: by Kris (new)

Kris | 36067 comments Mod
Can you tell us more about the author and her grandmother - jobs, hobbies, family/husband, personalities, etc.?

message 5: by Dorie (new)

Dorie Nelson | 2 comments southern life. Grandmother slept in a screened in porch. I think she made possum pie. the grand-daughter used an old typewriter to jot down the stories. I thought it seemed pretty modern - like no more that 20 years old.

message 7: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40226 comments Mod
Dorie, are you still looking for this or did you find it?