Bookspiration discussion

Books on the Big Screen > The Fifth Wave (spoilers)

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kat (new)

Kat Book vs. Movie. What differences did you notice? Which did you prefer?

message 2: by Kat (last edited Jul 07, 2016 11:11PM) (new)

Kat I loved the first book, the second was meh and the third was awful (in my opinion) but I loved the first book. It gripped me and left me wanting for more. I HATED the movie.

Despite the fact that there was differences galore. The main thing that ruined the movie for me was how quick Zombie/Ben figured out the bad guy's plan. It literally took him 30 seconds after figuring out the truth behind the "trackers".

It was also kind of strange how the made Ringer...not Asian. I don't much mind about what race/ethnicity characters are in books or movies, but if it's specifically said, a couple of times actually, that a character is Asian or of any other origin, I don't think it would be that hard to find an actor to match it.

message 3: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly (kimking11) The first book was, in my opinion, the best book of the series. I though the second book was fine but nowhere near as enjoyable as the first book. I haven't read the third and I probably won't because of all the terrible things I have heard about it. As for the movie I thought that it was a huge disappointment.

The main thing that disappointed me about the movie was that it lacked the atmosphere the book has. Yancey created such a great atmosphere in the book. The book was eerie, it made me want to continuously look over my shoulder while reading. I loved that Yancey created such a strong atmosphere of distrust in the book. It kept me on my toes and interested. I think that the movie just missed the mark with conveying the atmosphere. I never got any of those feelings watching the movie. And the atmosphere Yancey created in the first book is the reason I loved it so much.