Catholic Thought discussion

Learning the Virtues
This topic is about Learning the Virtues
Learning the Virtues > Virtues Reading Schedule

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Susan Margaret (susanmargaretg) | 538 comments Reading Schedule
Learning The Virtues That Lead you to God by Romano Guardini

Discussion will begin on Wednesday, July 20th.

7/20-7/26 Week 1: (pages 1-45) Preface, The Nature of Virtue, Truthfulness, Acceptance, and Patience

7/27-8/02 Week 2: (pages 47-84) Justice, Reverence, Loyalty, and Disinterestedness

8/03-8/09 Week 3: (pages 85-140) Asceticism, Courage, Kindness, Understanding, and Courtesy

8/10-8/16 Week 4: (pages 141-202) Gratitude, Unselfishness, Recollection, Silence, Justice Before God, and Romano Guardini

This is a four week reading schedule with approximately fifty pages per week of reading.

Manny (virmarl) | 4081 comments Mod
I'm going to try to join you guys on this book. It's a book I've wanted to read. I don't think with my schedule I can keep at 50 pages a week, so bear with me.

Susan Margaret (susanmargaretg) | 538 comments Manny wrote: "I'm going to try to join you guys on this book. It's a book I've wanted to read. I don't think with my schedule I can keep at 50 pages a week, so bear with me."

I'm glad you are joining us Manny! Read at whatever speed works for you. Its not a problem.

message 4: by Irene (new)

Irene | 909 comments I am going to skip this one. I could not find this title at any of my real or on-line libraries/loaning sources, nor could I find it at a reduced price. I just did not want to put out the $15 this time, which was the least expensive for which I could find it. I could find other titles by this author, just not this one.

Susan Margaret (susanmargaretg) | 538 comments Irene wrote: "I am going to skip this one. I could not find this title at any of my real or on-line libraries/loaning sources, nor could I find it at a reduced price. I just did not want to put out the $15 this ..."

Irene, I understand. Putting out cash for books every month can get expensive, especially if you participate in more than one book club. Our next read should be fairly inexpensive, if not free!

Susan Margaret (susanmargaretg) | 538 comments Irene, even if you do not have the book, you can still comment on the virtues in our discussion if you want. The same advice would apply to any of our other members too.

message 7: by Irene (new)

Irene | 909 comments Thanks

message 8: by Greg (new)

Greg I'll try to join too, though I'm not sure how fast I can get it. I'll look this weekend.

Susan Margaret (susanmargaretg) | 538 comments I'm happy that you are going to join us Greg and hope your book arrives quickly!

message 10: by Joanne (new)

Joanne I will try and join in. I have had this book on my shelf for a while but have failed to pick it up.

Susan Margaret (susanmargaretg) | 538 comments Joanne wrote: "I will try and join in. I have had this book on my shelf for a while but have failed to pick it up."

Great!!!!