The Official Laura Thalassa Fan Group discussion

Recommended Reads > All Time Favorite Books

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Laura (new)

Laura Thalassa | 21 comments Mod
Out of every novel you've read, what are a few of the ones that are your all-time top picks?

message 2: by Jenie (new)

Jenie Thompson (stellanovawrites) | 4 comments Mod
All time:
The Giver by Lois Lowry, the book is suburb and hits the brain with an overload of thought and feels.

Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck, with mental disabilities running high throughout my family this story hits a very close and personal spot. I'm also a ginormous Steinbeck fan so... Yeah.

New Finds:
Breathing series by Rebecca Donovan, this series touches on abuse, abandonment and the repercussions of others bad decisions. I cried while reading this series. You feel so protective over the main character and throughout her story you just want to cocoon her away. It's definitely a strong emotions series.

I've also really been addicted to anything by Charlie N. Holmberg. (Paper Magician Series, and Followed by Frost are two of my favorites)

message 3: by Ari (last edited Jul 02, 2016 09:05AM) (new)

Ari Reavis (arireavis) This whole series The Queen of All that Dies (The Fallen World, #1) by Laura Thalassa

Whole series Fantasy of Frost (The Tainted Accords, #1) by Kelly St. Clare

Gods of Anthem by Logan Keys

The Golden Dynasty (Fantasyland, #2) by Kristen Ashley

Claimed (Brides of the Kindred, #1) by Evangeline Anderson

Delinquents (Dusty, #2) by Mary Elizabeth

Just to name a few.... Lol

message 4: by Laura (new)

Kazy wrote: "This whole series The Queen of All that Dies (The Fallen World, #1) by Laura Thalassa

The Golden Dynasty (Fantasyland, #2) by Kristen Ashley

..."

Okay, The Golden Dynasty I could read ALL DAY. I freaking LOVE that book with the fire of a thousand suns.

Dusty Delinquents - this one my heart couldn't handle. It wasn't the book's fault, the writing was beautiful (and I love Mary Elizabeth). It was more a matter of me investing too much of my emotions! I'm sure if I finished that book, it would RUIN me.

And I freaking LOVE Logan Keys and Kelly St. Clair! (They're my author buddies), though I'm embarrassed to admit I haven't read Kelly's fantasy series! But I thoroughly enjoyed Gods of Anthem!

message 5: by Laura (new)

Jenie wrote: "All time:
The Giver by Lois Lowry, the book is suburb and hits the brain with an overload of thought and feels.

Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck, with mental disabilities running high throughout..."

Okay, I definitely need to try your new finds! I've seen both authors/series you recommended all over the place!

message 6: by Ari (new)

Ari Reavis (arireavis) Laura wrote: "Kazy wrote: "This whole series The Queen of All that Dies (The Fallen World, #1) by Laura Thalassa

[bookcover:The Golden Dynast..."

Delinquents definitely will ruin you. I was crying so much, my daughter came and asked if I was ok. Lol The fantasy series is great. Im anxiously awaiting the next installment.

message 7: by Ruth (last edited Jul 06, 2016 09:41PM) (new)

Ruth | 7 comments The Breathing Series had me in tears as well. Such an amazing series though!

message 8: by AlwaysV (new)

AlwaysV | 9 comments Give it up to War (The Four Horsemen, #2) by Laura Thalassa War 🙇🏽‍♀️
Here's my thought ↙️

"Don't have enough words to express how much
I've fallen so crazy in love with both 💖War & Miriam💖. . .

I've been rereading the final 80% over and over . . .
no sign of stopping any time soon . . . "