Sci-Fi, fantasy and speculative Indie Authors Review discussion

Thalassa: The World Beneath the Waves
This topic is about Thalassa
Writing Technique > Poll - prologue or not?

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by M. (new) - added it

M. Jones | 29 comments Hi all,
Many thanks to those who've already commented about this issue on a separate thread. I've now set up a Goodreads poll here to ask people whether they think I should lose the prologue from my book Thalassa: the world beneath the waves and just start with chapter 1. The poll runs through July. All votes are anonymous, and I'll post the results in my blog in August. If you need more information, I have a blog post about this issue here. I've had some useful comments already, but the numbers are 50/50 which doesn't help much...

There is a preview online here, and the book is free to download on Kindle until July 5th (inclusive) (link here).

If you want to say why you voted as you did, please don't post your email address - add a comment or PM me.

Many thanks,
M. Jonathan Jones

p.s. In the aftermath of Brexit, I'd like to say that this poll is advisory only, and changes (if any) will only be made once Article 50 of the Authors' Charter is triggered.

Robert Zwilling | 229 comments "but the numbers are 50/50 "

Its usually 50/50, that's why everything is at a standstill. The percentage is big enough so you get results going either way.

Sci-Fi, fantasy and speculative Indie Authors...

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Thalassa: The World Beneath the Waves (other topics)