What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Teenage girl finds portal in tree, travelling back in time?

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Joseph (new)

Joseph | 1 comments Hey! I'm looking for a fictional novel involving a teenage girl who discovers a portal. She is taken to other dimensions and sees how things happen, had one variable changed. So basically "the butterfly effect" is reoccurring in the book. Some memorable aspects include a male friend who in one dimension she just meets but in another they are in a relationship. Also in some dimensions she has different hairstyles I think. The girl's mother who may or may not have died has a stroy line too I remember. The girl also gets trapped in the tree at one point causing for quite an issue. The girl is driven out of her (real life) house by her sister (step I believe) when she finds her going into her room. So we find out she has some big secret. In the end, the sister's secret is found out, the teenage girl (main character) makes it back, the mom has some sort of big role, the dad comes, the tree burns down(?).

Can't remember the title or author and it's KILLING me. Great read. Aimed towards teen, young adults. Super cool female protagonist. Read about 2 years ago? Time travel. Tree portal. Long novel. Thrilling. Super captivating. Butterfly effect???

Thanks so much!!

message 3: by Kris (new)

Kris | 36051 comments Mod
Joseph, can you describe the tree and it's location (e.g., deep woods, park, garden)? What's the general setting (e.g., Canada/U.S./country)?

What time periods does she travel back to - or is it different times in a fantasy world?

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40196 comments Mod
Joseph, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

message 5: by SBC (new)

SBC (essbeecee) | 960 comments Hi Joseph, if you are still looking for this book, I believe it is Relativity by Cristin Bishara. I just read it last year - it was great!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Ancient One (other topics)
Relativity (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

T.A. Barron (other topics)