101 Books to Read Before You Die discussion

Fantastic Mr. Fox
This topic is about Fantastic Mr. Fox
10 views
Completed Children's Reads > Fantastic Mr. Fox

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Alana (alanasbooks) | 1189 comments Mod
Please post your thoughts about this Roald Dahl story.


Alana (alanasbooks) | 1189 comments Mod
Well, that was an interesting (short) story full of devious plotting, silly farmers, and happy feasting after rapid danger. Yay for the animals!

I am curious, though, why we have so many Dahl stories on our list. While I've enjoyed them, I don't know that they're so amazing that multiple stories deserve to be on a "must-read" list. Any thoughts on that?


message 3: by Renee (new) - added it

Renee Alana wrote: "Well, that was an interesting (short) story full of devious plotting, silly farmers, and happy feasting after rapid danger. Yay for the animals!

I am curious, though, why we have so many Dahl stor..."


Not sure why there are so many on the list Alana. I guess people just like them? I've only read a couple of them myself, and thought they were fun reads. I know I nominated this one, and I want to read it but my library is on strike and I don't have a copy so I'll comment when I can get it.


Alana (alanasbooks) | 1189 comments Mod
I've liked most of them, just not sure that everything he ever wrote needs to be on a "must-read" list. Oh well, we'll keep reading whatever is left.

Renee, it's nice and short (the shortest of Dahl's books that I've read) so should be pretty quick once you get it.

I didn't know a library could go on strike? I thought they couldn't as a publicly funded entity? But I know very little about strikes historically.


message 5: by Renee (new) - added it

Renee Alana wrote: "I've liked most of them, just not sure that everything he ever wrote needs to be on a "must-read" list. Oh well, we'll keep reading whatever is left.

Renee, it's nice and short (the shortest of Da..."


They have a union so I guess they went on strike a few weeks ago. I just realised it the other day when I went to the library to pick up the book. I do remember seeing signs and people outside on the corner, but thought it was to do with the postal strike at the time. Hopefully they can reach an agreement and open the libraries again.


Alana (alanasbooks) | 1189 comments Mod
Renee wrote: "Hopefully they can reach an agreement and open the libraries again. "

Indeed! I don't know what I'd do without my library!


back to top