Addicted to YA discussion

The Siren
This topic is about The Siren
Stand Alone > The Siren

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Erika, Dream Thief (new)

Erika (livingforthebooks) | 5315 comments Mod
What did you think of it? Favorite or least favorite characters? Favorite or least favorite part?

Alex (alex1320) | 73 comments Not as good as the Selection but I like it. I think that there could be more dialogues even if the main character ouldn't speak.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

just about to start this one, fingers crossed

Heather (heathersnerdylife) This book had a lot of potential - there is a unique premise here - unfortunately it was lack luster and left me wanting so much more. I feel like Cass has great ideas, but executes them poorly. The idea of the ocean being an entity in this novel was original and was probably the saving grace of this novel.

Duchessbookworm | 90 comments I didn't like it really at all. It was rushed and I hated the romance factor. It sucked because I really wanted to like it

Azia I love Sirens. Always have. Always will. But this book disappointed me. It was pretty boring. I liked Kahlen well enough and Akinli as well, but I didn't really like anyone else. Not even the Ocean (although the concept of the ocean being a conscious entity was cool). I felt the romance was rushed and there were many parts of the book that were sluggish and unforgettable unfortunately :/

Lindsey (sairena) | 4 comments I liked this book well enough. It wasn't the greatest thing i ever read by far but it wasn't that bad either. I found it to be original, but I kept feeling as if it was lacking something, I just cant figure out what. I also like how the acknowledgments at the end was directed toward the reader. In which the author states this is actually the first book she wrote it just didn't make it through publishing the first try. So since its her first book, and its probably immensely better than anything I could ever do, I have an appreciation for this book.

ℓуηη, ℓσкιѕℓутнєя¢ℓαω | 188 comments I liked the book overall, but I don't think I would ever read it again. I rated it 3 stars. It has this saddening tone throughout the whole book. It was well written though, and I will definitely have to get around to reading her Selection series. But as far as this book goes, I loved Akinli and Miaka the best, Elizabeth was annoying. And I hated the fact that once the girls are turned back into their human selves after they've finished their sentence of servitude that they don't remember their siren sisters. It's just really sad lol. But well written all the same.

Farren (mmmcookies) | 524 comments This book was ok, but it written like it was Cass's first book. I liked The Selection so much better. I liked all of the other characters better than Kahlen and the Ocean, even though they had the most parts. If it was a series instead of a standalone I definitely wouldn't read the whole thing.

Jacky (spotonculture) | 16 comments I didn't read the Selection series yet, because I wanted to try a standalone by Cass first to see if I like her writing. After The Siren I think I will give it a try. The siren is ok and not my favorite book, but I think the idea behind it was nice and unique, but the implemenation wasn't the best. There were a few nice parts, for example I liked the traveling scenes, but the insta-love was very flat and the Ocean and being a siren wasn't that spectacular. Tough, I had no idea how this would end and I liked how it turned out.
Anyway, people say the Selection series is way better, so I'm going to give Cass another try :)

message 11: by Alyson (new)

Alyson Stone (alysonserenastone) | 194 comments I am a big Selection fan. Will I like this one as much?

Farren (mmmcookies) | 524 comments Serena wrote: "I am a big Selection fan. Will I like this one as much?"

Sorry but no. I didn't read a single review that says they liked it more than the Selection series. It isn't that bad, it just isn't nearly as good.

message 13: by Lindsey (new)

Lindsey Swieringa | 11 comments no matter what anyone else says about it, I loved this book. I love just mushy contemporary books and I loved the romance. I think there was plenty of dialogue and I think a big part of this book was that there couldn't be a lot of dialogue. simply because they can't speak.