Shounen Manga Book Club discussion

Assassination Classroom, Vol. 1
This topic is about Assassination Classroom, Vol. 1
Group Reads > Assassination Classroom

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Mike | 239 comments Mod
The powerful creature who destroyed 70% of the moon has given one year before he destroys the Earth. The only chance to stop him is if the students he has chosen to be homeroom teacher for can kill him during that time.

Assassination Classroom is one of our July-August group reads! Discuss here!

message 2: by Prarthna (last edited Aug 15, 2016 07:34AM) (new)

Prarthna Roy (prarthnaroy) | 25 comments I've finished reading the series, and I totally loved it!!! If anybody's read or watched Gintama, then they'll know what I mean when I say it totally embodies Shonen mangas' principles.

Mike | 239 comments Mod
I've read 8 or so volumes I think and enjoyed it. Not asking for specific spoilers, but did it have a decent ending?

Just reread vol 1: Liked it slightly less the second time, but it does set up the absurd premise nicely and the pacing will even out as things go.

message 4: by Prarthna (new)

Prarthna Roy (prarthnaroy) | 25 comments Not gonna spoil it, but let's just say the ending's sad.

Silvia Turcios | 8 comments I love koro sensei ... well, I have just read the first two volumes, but except for the killing part, I'd love to have a teacher like him.

message 6: by Prarthna (new)

Prarthna Roy (prarthnaroy) | 25 comments Silvia wrote: "I love koro sensei ... well, I have just read the first two volumes, but except for the killing part, I'd love to have a teacher like him."
I KNOW RIGHT !!! <3 <3 <3

Mike | 239 comments Mod
Prarthna wrote: "Not gonna spoil it, but let's just say the ending's sad."

Kind of glad to hear that in a way, as the premise of the manga doesn't seem open to many happy endings that would be logical. I'll let you know what I think when I get there.

Prarthna wrote: "Silvia wrote: "I love koro sensei ... well, I have just read the first two volumes, but except for the killing part, I'd love to have a teacher like him."
I KNOW RIGHT !!! <3 <3 <3"

I with you two on that. :)

Weeably | 4 comments Definitely one of my most favorite manga. I've watched a bit of the anime, also enjoyed it.

Dei-Dei (deidei1416) | 1 comments One of my favorite comedy manga series

Weeably | 4 comments Currently on volume 10, kind of sad it's close to the end.