2022 Reading Challenge discussion

ARCHIVE 2016 > TBR Twins, July

Comments Showing 1-36 of 36 (36 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kara (last edited Jul 05, 2016 06:17PM) (new)

message 2: by Kara (new)

Kara (karaayako) | 3980 comments How to compare books:

1. Go to your twin's profile and click "compare books"

2. In the top right corner, set the "common shelves" to "to read." If you or your partner keeps the TBR list somewhere other than the "to read" shelf, then you can use the two fields under that to compare books.

This should give you a neat list of everything you have in common.

message 3: by Gabriella (last edited Jul 01, 2016 04:44PM) (new)

Gabriella | 400 comments Kara, it seems that the list is duplicated.

message 4: by Erin (new)

Erin | 5 comments My partner and I are going to read These Broken Stars.

message 5: by Caro (new)

Caro (karopi) | 992 comments Dramapuppy and I will read The Walls Around Us. It has been in my TBR for a long time and I am really looking forward to it.

message 6: by Diana (new)

Diana Hudac (ladyanaid) | 196 comments Tiffany and I are going to read Three Wishes by Liane Moriarty. I'm looking forward to it. :)

message 7: by Gabriella (new)

Gabriella | 400 comments Shannon and I are going to read The Leftovers.

message 8: by Kellie (new)

Kellie | 91 comments Elii and I are reading A Thousand Pieces of You, which I'm looking forward to bc it's been in my TBR for a while now. :)

message 9: by Precious (new)

Precious (precioush) I've contacted my partner, I'm just waiting to hear back.

message 10: by Tanaz (new)

Tanaz Masaba (tanazmasaba) | 46 comments Just contacted my partner and waiting to hear from her.

message 11: by Sherry (new)

Sherry (lilsherry) | 699 comments Day and I decided to read The Infinite Sea (The 5th Wave #2) by Rick Yancey

message 12: by Precious (new)

Precious (precioush) Tammie and I are reading Mockingjay

message 13: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn | 581 comments Thanks for all that you do for TBR Twin match-ups, Kara!! And love the new profile pic!

Melissa and I have decided to read Crossing to Safety by Wallace Stegner.

message 14: by Kara (new)

Kara (karaayako) | 3980 comments Gabriella wrote: "Kara, it seems that the list is duplicated."

Whoops! I was wondering why it looked so long. Thanks for the catch, Gabriella!

message 15: by Kara (new)

Kara (karaayako) | 3980 comments Kathryn wrote: "Thanks for all that you do for TBR Twin match-ups, Kara!! And love the new profile pic!

Thanks, Kathryn! I'd had the old one for I think four years, so it was time, haha.

message 16: by Kara (new)

Kara (karaayako) | 3980 comments Nurai and I have decided to tackle Hyperion.

message 17: by Cassandra (new)

Cassandra | 5832 comments Lora and I are going to read The Neverending Story.

Kara, I hope you and Nurai enjoy Hyperion! I read it last month and was pretty impressed.

message 18: by Janine (new)

Janine | 1125 comments Sabina and I didn't have anything in common on our TBRs, but we had a look at some top books in our favourite genres and have chosen to read Everyone Brave is Forgiven.

message 19: by Barbara (new)

Barbara Pereira (babitix) | 159 comments Jessica and I are going to read The Selection. We are a very cute and girly twin :P

Lisa (LiteraryLatinax) (literarylatinax) Rose and I have decided to read Middlesex

message 21: by Sara (new)

Sara (shesautomatic) | 112 comments Cosmic and I are going to read The House of the Seven Gables

message 22: by Leslie Ann (new)

Leslie Ann | 208 comments I have not heard from my twin yet!

message 23: by Kara (new)

Kara (karaayako) | 3980 comments Thanks for letting us know, Leslie! Has anyone else not heard from his or her twin yet?

message 24: by Caro (new)

Caro (karopi) | 992 comments Leslie wrote: "I have not heard from my twin yet!"
Leslie I can be your TBR twin if you want we have several books in common that I really want to read!!! Send me a message if you are interested!

message 25: by Grace (new)

Grace MacLaine (gracemaclaine) Lucia and I are reading Half Bad.

message 26: by Caro (new)

Caro (karopi) | 992 comments Since Leslie Twin did not answer we will read The Night Sister. Looking forward for a new horror novel!

message 27: by Kara (new)

Kara (karaayako) | 3980 comments Caro wrote: "Since Leslie Twin did not answer we will read The Night Sister. Looking forward for a new horror novel!"

Thanks for jumping in, Caro!

message 28: by Caro (new)

Caro (karopi) | 992 comments Kara wrote: "Caro wrote: "Since Leslie Twin did not answer we will read The Night Sister. Looking forward for a new horror novel!"

Thanks for jumping in, Caro!"

I have the time this month so is my pleasure... Anyways Leslie had so many TBR books in common with me that it was not difficult to do it!

message 29: by Caro (new)

Caro (karopi) | 992 comments Dramapuppy and I already finish The Walls Around Us. We found out the characters very interesting and the story with a pretty good constructions, Drama is not sure if to give 3 or 4 stars but I give the book a solid 4 is a good story with a very good ending was a book that we enjoy reading. Highly recommended.

message 30: by Day (new)

Day (adaywithday) | 25 comments Sherry and I finished reading The Infinite Sea. We both were left with a lot of questions and found some parts confusing. With all the loose ends we are curious to read the next book.

message 31: by Barbara (new)

Barbara Pereira (babitix) | 159 comments Jessica and I just finished reading The Selection.

We both like the story, the characters, and the "drama". We rated it with 4 and we want to read the whole series.

I am team Maxon, but I'm not 100% team America. He is cute, but she still likes Aspen, so she couldn't get married to the prince!

message 32: by Sherry (new)

Sherry (lilsherry) | 699 comments Babitix wrote: "Jessica and I just finished reading The Selection.

We both like the story, the characters, and the "drama". We rated it with 4 and we want to read the whole series.

I am team Maxo..."

good book! I read the entire series plus about the daughter. not ganna spoil it but it's great!

message 33: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn | 581 comments Melissa and I read and enjoyed Crossing to Safety although the pace of the story was a little uneven in parts. The start was very slow, but I'm glad I kept going. There were some interesting themes in the novel - including what makes for a good story, since the story's narrator was a writer!

message 34: by Sabina (new)

Sabina Kelly (goodreadscomsjaskelly) | 111 comments Janine and I read Everyone Brave is Forgiven during July. We both enjoyed it ( giving it 4 stars).

JustThatBookishBabe (justthatbookishgirl) Diana and I read Three Wishes by Liane Moriarty. We finished it a few weeks ago. Both of us really enjoyed it.

message 36: by Caro (new)

Caro (karopi) | 992 comments Leslie and I finished a while a go The Night Sister. I was away and was unable to update. We like it the atmosphere of the book and how easy it was to read, but I like it a bit more. Leslie give it 3 stars and I gave it 4. But if we could we will gave it 3.5 each...