Stamford Reads discussion

Summer reading!

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by T (new)

T | 6 comments Mod
What are we all reading???

I just finished "13 Reasons Why" and I thought it was great - really made me think about how things change if you take the opportunities to say and do all the things that matter :)

message 2: by Shanta (new)

Shanta | 1 comments I'm about to start reading some short stories by Rajesh Parameswaran. The collection is called I Am the Executioner: Love Stories. He wrote one story I loved called "The Infamous Bengal Ming" which was told from the point of view of a tiger in a zoo. It's quite graphic at times but very interesting. Will let you all know about some of the others in this collection...

message 3: by T (new)

T | 6 comments Mod
That sounds really cool! I have a pile in front of me today and just can't decide ....

message 4: by Robin (new)

Robin Mcburney | 3 comments I have a lot of books that I'd like to read this summer and I also am having a hard time deciding where to begin! Can't wait to get started!!!

message 5: by T (new)

T | 6 comments Mod
I decided to go with "freak the mighty" - a nice little YA book before I hit "the orenda" :)

message 6: by T (new)

T | 6 comments Mod
Now if we could just get those kiddies reading and sharing!

message 7: by Robin (new)

Robin Mcburney | 3 comments Can I create an event for the end of July at the Downtown Library?
I find this platform less user friendly. I have to go searching to find things ;)

message 8: by T (new)

T | 6 comments Mod
Yes!!!

message 9: by Robin (new)

Robin Mcburney | 3 comments How does Monday, July 25th sound? Around noon? We can meet them and then buy them a treat at Tim Horton's.

message 10: by T (new)

T | 6 comments Mod
That should be good - I don't think I have anything going on.... My MIL is coming down from NB hat week but I have no idea what the plans are yet!