THE Group for Authors! discussion

Publishing and Promoting > Kindle Select vs. other digital

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Wendy (last edited Jul 01, 2016 12:56PM) (new)

Wendy Goerl | 137 comments I do a lot of instructionals/tutorials. These often have a lot illos that need to be in particular relationships with the main text--in other words, a headache to get Kindle-friendly. In fact, after struggling with conversion for over a year, I just put my Making a Mosaic tutorial on Etsy as a PDF.

I know for myself, I'd rather have a PDF than any ebook format, but I don't know how many others feel that way. But it seems that hard copies don't move on Amazon unless they've got Kindle versions.

I get almost as much from Kindle Select as I get from the hard copies, but I'm wondering if keeping them in Kindle select is worth not having PDF's available, or digital copies on other platforms.

Does anybody have any comparisons of Kindle-exclusive vs. non-Amazon digital distribution?

message 2: by Ken (new)

Ken (kendoyle) | 347 comments There have ben plenty of discussions about the benefits vs. disadvantages of Select here (also check the KDP forums).

The problem, however, is that you won't know until you try. Select works for some books/authors, while going wide works for others. You can always try it for 90 days and then go wide after that.