Beyond Reality discussion

The Infernal City (The Elder Scrolls #1)
This topic is about The Infernal City
Previous BotM--DISCUSSIONS > The Infernal City: Roll Call and First Impressions -- **NO SPOILERS**

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nick (new)

Nick (doily) | 974 comments Please let us know if you have read or are planning to read The Infernal City by Greg Keyes.

Please: **NO SPOILERS** in this thread.

message 2: by Kathi, Moderator & Book Lover (new) - rated it 3 stars

Kathi | 3317 comments Mod
I finished it a couple days ago.

message 3: by Stuart (new)

Stuart (asfus) | 136 comments May read.

Antonis (antonakis) | 43 comments I'm currently reading it. The start was rather uninteresting but around the mid point more exciting things started happening. I'll try to finish it in the following days and post my thoughts in the other thread.

message 5: by Kathi, Moderator & Book Lover (new) - rated it 3 stars

Is anyone familiar with the game(s) on which this is based? Would that familiarity help?

Antonis (antonakis) | 43 comments I consider myself very familiar with all the Elder Scrolls games, having played ALL of them extensively and also having read the collected books of Skyrim just for the lore. I think this familiarity has hardly helped me with the book. If you find a map of the general area of Tamriel on the internet (just to get an idea of where each country is) and know a bit of the non-human races then you're good to go. There are things mentioned in the book that refer to events from the games, most notably the Oblivion Crisis but reading the book doesn't really require any previous knowledge of all that.

message 7: by Kathi, Moderator & Book Lover (new) - rated it 3 stars

Antonis wrote: "I consider myself very familiar with all the Elder Scrolls games, having played ALL of them extensively and also having read the collected books of Skyrim just for the lore. I think this familiarit..."

Thank you.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Infernal City (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Greg Keyes (other topics)