CPL's Book Quest: The Challenge discussion

2016 Mini-Challenges > July Genre Challenge- Journey to Galaxies and Worlds Far, Far, Away: Fantasy and Science Fiction

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Joanna (last edited Jul 11, 2016 07:01AM) (new)

Joanna | 749 comments Mod
Journey to worlds unknown or places far, far away by picking up a fantasy or science fiction novel! This genre challenge encompasses some of my favorites (aka Lord of the Rings). Need help figuring out where to start? Take a look at some of these helpful links!

NPR put together a list of the top 100 Fantasy and Science Fiction Books. It's quite a list, as you can see. Thankfully, someone put together this awesome flowchart where you can follow the lines based on your interests! Start at the top and work your way around until you find a book.

Other lists:

51 Best Fantasy Series of All Time
Goodreads' Best Epic Fantasy Lists
Reddit's Top Fantasy Reads
Washington Post's Best Science Fiction Books
Abe Books 50 Essential Science Fiction Books
Goodreads' Best Science Fiction Lists

Don't forget- July 23rd is Chesapeake Public Library's annual convention FantaSci! Drop by the Central anytime between 10-4 for fun panels, vendors, and more. Make sure to dress up! We look forward to seeing you there.

May the Force be with you!

message 2: by Ingrid (new)

Ingrid Hurst (bookrdr) | 279 comments Well these lists will keep my reading list full!

message 3: by Joanna (new)

Joanna | 749 comments Mod
Ingrid wrote: "Well these lists will keep my reading list full!"

I know! There are so many on these lists that I want to read. I really want to read all the books on NPR's list. Perhaps that will be my reading goal for next year.